Chapter Thirty-Six

Alvis walks down the streets of Galvin eyeing the many peddlers who stand still eyeing him. He walks slowly with his servants trailing behind him and Maci stays behind him as well. Alvis stops hearing a loud voice.

"do I spot a Galvin?"

He turns eyeing a man in all black wearing a reaper mask and Alvis glances him over as the man nods his head hearing Alvis says his name.

"Knox..."

He remains quiet for a second eyeing the younger girl behind Knox and Knox motions forward as the girl steps beside him and Knox speaks.

"my new bride lady wynn of house O'Sullivan."

"Princess O'Sullivan..." Knox lets out a small laugh as he corrects himself.

"Oh right, Princess O'Sullivan..."

Alvis stares over lady wynn and turns to his brother.

"has father approved?"

"I can care less what the crazy lunatic approves of. it has already been consummated..."

Knox places his arm around lady wynn who stands still and Alvis glances her over once as Knox asks.

"and what of that girl? I don't recognize her as a Galvin peasant?"

Alvis motions back to the girl.

"just a friend." 

"surely not a wife? Father wouldn't approve of a nonroyal Alvis. plus we all know who your wife will be after the incident.."

"do we?" a woman's voice replies and Alvis turns staring her down.

she curtseys to the two men and stares down Alvis longingly as she comments.

"brothers..."

Her eyes stay fixed on Alvis and he bows his head as he speaks to the floor.

"Princess Galvin..."

she holds out her ringed hand and whispers.

"to the ring brother..."

Alvis brings up his shaky hand and kisses her ring holding the kiss as she smiles wickedly watching him.

"ah yes, what a good bastard you are."

she takes her hand away and motions.

"and Knox."

Knox cracks a small smile and bends down kissing her ring quickly as he comments.

"looking younger everyday sister-"

"shut up.." Princess Galvin stares down Knox and turns her sights back to Alvis staring him down.

"You have some nerve little brother coming to my city..."

"father's city.." Alvis corrects her and she cracks a small smile.

"I'm first for the throne. You're lucky I talked father into making you a reaper Alvis what he originally had planned was far crueler."

Princess Galvin brushes her hand on Alvis' face as she smiles.

"But I couldn't let him hurt my baby brother. you're far too important to this throne to be tortured by the guards until you die."

She lifts her hand again and motions to the ring.

"kiss it."

Alvis stares it down and grips her hand kissing her ring as she demands.

"hold it."

He keeps his head down with his lips to her ring as she watches her younger brother amused and turns to his servants eyeing them over. Her eyes fall on one girl and she notices how out of place she is and her eyes shift back to her brother as she demands.