Chapter Twenty-One

Archibald hears queen crane.

"We have been sitting here for days, O'Sullivan. you have to give some leeway here

Archibald takes a drink of his alcohol and queen crane shifts her head not amused as Archibald places down the glass.

"I don't have to give you any leeway, Queen.." Archibald downs another glass and she turns her head staring the good looking young man around her age down. she feels her face flush and shifts her eyes not making eye contact. Archibald turns his head and asks outright.

"Should we continue this in your chambers?" she remains quiet and Archibald downs another drink as queen crane comments.

"I am unsure if that is wise."

"We all make stupid mistakes.." he fills a glass with some wine and places it down in front of Queen crane as he whispers.

"what's a few more?"

she downs the wine glass and grips his hand as Archibald turns his head amused.

"I cannot leave until we agree upon something. Avis is waiting to hear about our agreements." she takes his hand and leads him down a long hallway. Alvis shifts his eyes eying the two enter a room and smirks as he whispers to himself.

"such a dog O'Sullivan." Alvis lets out a small laugh and Archibald enters the room shutting the chamber doors behind him. he stands there eyeing the crane woman and she turns her head as she whispers.

"Remember how we use to be. us alone after they tortured you..." she whispers running her hands over his finely placed clothes.

"I would come to you at night and we would make love on the floor after you were tortured..." she whispers running her hands up his shirt and Archibald nods to her as he whispers.

"What fun we had..." she presses her lips to his kissing him deeply and he grabs her roughly kissing her back. she laughs out kissing him hard but flinches feeling his hands on her throat. she begins feeling his fingers squeeze and she looks up concerned as Archibald turns his head and whispers.

"for the Shaws..." she struggles feeling his hands grip her neck tighter as she tries to scream but can't. she tries to scrape at his face but Archibald whispers close to her face.

"for my wife, my unborn child..."  she coughs out struggling to get loose but Archibald whispers.

"I will take this kingdom myself..." he squeezes tighter and feels her neck snap under his grip as he whispers.

"this is just the start."

******************************************************************************************** 

Archibald walks out of the room hands soaked in blood and his clothes covered. Alvis pushes off the wall eyeing the O'Sullivan walk towards him. Archibald stops and stares down Alvis as he nods to the man.

"this kingdom is now mine" Alvis stares down Archibald drenched in blood and Alvis asks.

"what, what did you do?" Alvis asks sounding worried and Archibald nods his head as he states.

"I conquered the cranes."

Archibald walks forward down the long hall drenched in blood and walks into the throne room the cranes stare down the man drenched in blood and Archbald sits down into the throne announcing loudly.

"I am now your king! your queen lies dead on the floor. you have nothing and I offer your kingdom everything. whoever does not kneel will meet my blade and the shaws wrath."