Chapter Five

King Nolan stands on a large hill and looks back at the large army smiling to himself as he comments seeing Queen Crane next to him.

"My lady with our numbers we may very well stand a good chance"

Queen Crane shakes her head looking over the large field as she comments.

"Any army traveling the kingdom must cross this field. We wait and ambush them as we see. We must kill Lord Bution if we don't the army will remain strong. The best way to win is to get the sword of old and bury it again. It will even out the war and slow down his forces."

King Nolan looks over the land commenting as he eyes the bright green grass and the dimming light and smiles.

"or we could turn it on them kill them all in one swoop"

Queen Crane shakes her head disagreeing as she looks over the future battlefield.

"It is forbidden, their king whoever he is will pay in blood. We disarm Lord Bution, and we let my men rip the information from his body"

King Nolan shakes his head and stares out at the field commenting.

"this would go easier with the savages of the mountains helping us"

Queen crane shakes her head as she stares over the large army and smiles to herself.

"This is the last of both our armies. The O'Sullivan's refused to get involved they know they are safe and they don't want to anger Lord Bution and bring his eyes to them. We will need the safety of the mountains and bringing the O'Sullivan's in is too dangerous. If we do the mountains may become a war zone, my lord."

Lord Nolan looks over the field and shakes his head as he stares over the mixed army and looks down into the dirt.

"Queen Crane it just seems odd to me that Lord O'Sullivan wouldn't spare a few hundred men. He controls one of the most elite armies in the monarchy."

Queen crane nods her head staring over the soldiers and back to king Nolan.

"aye, it does seem odd his technology is superior to most in the kingdom he relies on new world technology, it protects the clan."

King Nolan nods his head as he stares at the setting sun and eyes the darkening fields.

"Queen Crane I fear king O'Sullivan may not be trusted"

Queen crane walks up to the men yelling out to them and they stand at attention. She nods back to king Nolan and walks along her men with him as she comments.

"never trust an O'Sullivan they are slime. We are at their mercy now, begging at their feet like cowards and they love it, every second of it"

King Nolan walks among the men eyeing their weaponry as Queen Crane walks beside him quietly. He stops eyeing a few men sitting and yells out to them.

"on your guards! We do not falter Lord Bution will kill us all if we do"

They continue walking and King Nolan stops at a large tent entering it and Queen Crane follows behind him. He eyes two men in full battle gear and hears them arguing over strategies as Queen Crane yells out.

"be at peace men!"

They stop at attention and bow to her and she turns to king Nolan.

"they are at unease, but we will end it today with the death of Lord Bution"

The men remain quiet and King Nolan motions out and they leave as he speaks quietly to Queen Crane.

"my lady I wish for you to ride back to O'Sullivan city you will be safe there even if they aren't to be trusted they will not bring war on their city"