Chapter Twenty-Two

Hannah sits on her throne staring down the men in front of her and walks up and down examining their armor as she smiles.

"the O'Sullivan's can try, but they will fall before the Nolan's. In the name of our eternal king!"

The door burst open and Hannah looks forward as she eyes King Crane and her mother walk in as Hannah looks forward and her mother nods to her explaining.

"King Crane has agreed to court you by next moon. the wedding will occur tomorrow and as such he will assume the role of the Nolan King."

Hannah stares down Crane in disgust and shakes her head.

"mother I am queen. I do not need a court."

Her mother nods to her and demands.

"but you do. a lady can only serve so long unwed, and you have already served a few weeks far longer then a woman is allowed. King Crane will be taking over your duties till your marriage and after that as the new king, it will be up to him to decide what this house shall do. he has been given the title of king inherit till your wedding and as such will assume full control of the Nolan army and this kingdom."

Crane smiles to himself and walks up to Hannah as he motions to her.

"perhaps my Queen you should retire to your quarters. you have much planning for the week ahead and should not tire yourself with a man's job."

Hannah glares over Crane and he smiles at her as she goes to speak, but Crane speaks over her.

"men do as you future king wills! escort Lady Nolan to her quarters and ensure she gets everything she needs."

Crane walks up to the throne and sits down getting used to its size as he comments.

"this is far bigger than my room, I quite like it."

Queen Nolan stares down the younger boy, but nods her head and asks kindly.

"if there is anything I can do for you my new king please don't hesitate to ask-"

Crane motions to her as he demands.

"of course there is. let's not waste this time get me a list of all the guard captains. I wish to inspect them all and ensure they are worthy of their positions. weakness is not allowed among any clan in this monarchy, and especially not one where a Crane is a king."

Queen Nolan bows her head and Crane sits back smiling to himself as he comments.

"this will be quite a fun time."

he gets up and stops as he watches queen Nolan alk away. He hears a small voice. he looks back eyeing the young girl and traces her form with his eyes as she softly speaks.

"my lord, I wanted to welcome you to the Nolan castle."

she bows her head and Crane laughs out as he comments.

"this is no longer the Nolan castle silly girl. this is now Crane territory as will all the monarchy one day."

the girl remains quiet and he glances her over as he smiles to himself and asks.

"what is your title?"

the girl looks down to the floor and Crane motions to her.

"come on now I am the king of this house, now, your lord. I demand you answer me."

the girl looks up afraid of the Crane as she tells him.

"an overseer, I just got my title this week."

Crane steps closer to the girl who steps back afraid of the man knowing what she told him as he states.

"ah, the virgin queens of the monarchy vowing themselves to purity in the name of their clan."

he steps closer to the girl running his hand on her shoulder as he whispers to her.

"are you quite sure you like your title girl?"

He begins playing with her dress straps as she goes to step away he drags her back as he whispers to her.

"your service is first to your king, is it not?"

he starts undoing her dress ties and she whispers out.

"aye."

he reaches into her dress and whispers out.

"what is your name?"

she closes her eyes feeling his lips on her skin as she whispers back.

"Ciara"

he tugs her dress straps down and whispers.

"to your knees..."

before she can react a loud bang occurs and a man in full armor walks in eyeing the situation of a half-naked young girl and the future king. his eyes skim the young girl and a smile plasters to his lips as he bows his head.

"my nephew it is an honor."

the half naked girl stands there and goes to walk away, but Crane grabs her wrist as he motions to his personal guard.

"uncle would you be so kind as to address the new guard. I want to ensure they know this is no longer a woman's world."

He pushes Ciara's hair out of her face as he mocks her.

"but a man's..."

his uncle lets our a small laugh as he ignores the worried girl being held by his nephew and bows his head showing respect.

"as you say king I will address them at once in your name."

Crane motions out towards the door demanding.

"make an example of anyone who objects my rule. I will not be a weak king like Nolan's were..."

his uncle goes to walk away, but he yells out demanding.

"and tell the servants to set tables for the O'Sullivan's. my cousin dines in victory tonight!"

he pulls the younger girl close and whispers.

"and we celebrate in my bed young overseer."

he begins groping the girl and kissing her neck, but she pushes away recommending to the king.

"perhaps later my lord away from eyes. I am sure you don't want anything to ruin you consummating your marriage with lady Hannah. to ensure your throne."

Crane laughs at the girl as he plays with her dress strap asking.

"are you shy young girl? You know the true purpose of your title, do you not?"

she remains quiet and Crane speaks lowly.

"to ensure my line continues, to bare my children if the queen cannot, and care for mine."

Crane inches forward kissing her roughly and she pulls back as he demands.

"do not, it would only end badly for you."

she slowly undoes her dress and crane nods his head as she drops it down and he smiles as he whispers.

"your service is to this crown, remember that."