Chapter Twenty-Eight

Knox slowly removes his armor and comes into the sitting room eyeing Lady Wynn and she stares up afraid of her husband and what she has to tell him. he leans down by her feet and smiles up to her.

"my wife I am home." she nods to him and doesn't make eye contact as he asks sounding upset.

"is something wrong?"

she swallows hard and stares at the man as she states the truth.

"I am with child." Knox smiles and lady wynn frowns as she states.

"it is not yours..."

******************************************************************************************** 

Knox bursts through the throne room doors yelling out his brother's name in rage.

"Ruck!" he yells loudly and it gains the guard's attention as the guard's steps in front of him protecting their king and Ruck sits back amused as Knox yells out.

"my wife, my wife!" he yells at Ruck and Ruck turns his head amused at his brother as Knox screams.

"How dare you!" Knox screams out at his brother and Ruck sits back with a smirk as Knox yells.

"I know you did this as payback for what occurred with that girl in the pines..."

"maybe..." Ruck grins wide and Knox turns his head angrily.

"It was years ago she was nothing, a peasant..." Ruck steps off the throne and walks up to his brother being held back by guards as he jabs his finger into Knox's chest.

"she was a wonderful person and what you did, what you did to her." Ruck yells at his brother angry and Knox lowers his eyes as he states.

"It was a war. Dorian had ordered me to do my job and I did it. I carried out the Galvin will. you could hardly expect me to know that you knew that girl." 

Ruck turns his head and states staring down his brother "she hung herself after the Galvin raid  on the pines, she hung herself!"

Knox stands there and before he can come up with a reply Ruck punches him in the face knocking him to the floor. Knox sits there on the ground and Ruck smiles down at him eyeing his bloodied fist as he states.

"you should be honored you will raise the firstborn Galvin, my future successor..."   Knox sits there feeling his jaw clinch from the hit and Ruck motions out.

"Now get out of my throne room, now!" Ruck demands and Knox crawls back to his feet fixing his finely placed clothes and bows his head as he states with disdain.

"ture king." he walks away and ruck smiles after him as he motions to his men.

"make sure he does not harm his wife. I want my child protected..." the guards bow and walk away as ruck stares after them but hears a door shut loudly and turns back eyeing his wife. she walks up to his side and stares up to him with a smile.

"Ruck." she states sounding sweet and he nods to her and looks back to the doors Knox walks out of. she stares after her other brother and feels an unease sweep over her but turns back excitedly and holds her husband's hand gripping it in hers. she smiles to herself and states outright.

"I believe I am with child." she holds her hand over her stomach and stares up happily as she whispers.

"It seems our time on the plateau was not as wasted as it seemed." she smiles to her husband and ruck turns his head not pleased with the fact she is also pregnant but swallows and puts up a fake smile.

"This is wonderful news..." he nods to her and leans down giving her a kiss as he states.

"you should retire and rest well my wife."

lady Galvin nods to her husband and walks away as he looks after her and she goes into a room and shuts the door over. 

"lady Galvin." she turns and eyes Knox standing there as he looks his sister over and she turns her head asking.

"Knox?" he bows his head to her and speaks firmly.

"I think you should be aware of your husband's deceit."

"I am aware of him and your wife"

"then you are aware of the child?"

"child?" she turns her head and Knox nods to her as he speaks softly.

"the king's first heir will be from lady wynn and not you."

"This has been confirmed?" lady Galvin asks sounding upset and Knox nods his head.

"the king has declared the child his firstborn."

"firstborn must be born first and I will ensure my child is first." she says angrily and stares down Knox who steps away from his sister as he states.

"I just thought you should know of your husband's loose lips..."

"I'm aware he seems to not only look like father but behave like him too." she crosses her arms angry and Knox comes up to her side comforting her.

"a Galvin bride deserves better..." Knox runs his hands up and down her arms as she looks back angry at her elder brother.

"I know what you are doing. scheming Galvin like always all of you boys backstabbing and acting like children in school..." Knox steps back and she looks him over as she states.

"I will not be part of your revenge. grow up Knox!" she motions off to him and he frowns as he stares her down and she again motions off.

"leave!" she states coldly and Knox stands there angered as she stares up to him commanding.

"I am the queen don't even think about what your thinking because I swear I will hang you from your neck if you touch me." Knox bows his head and shifts to the door leaving her alone as she stares after him disgusted by her brother's feuding and backstabbing. 

******************************************************************************************

Lady wynn sits there in a chair looking forward quietly as she hears Knox. 

"he is trying to make a fool of me, and he has no respect for any of us.."  lady wynn keeps quiet and Knox glances up asking.

"are you alright?"

"do you care?" lady wynn asks and Knox turns his head as he states

"I know we did not start this relationship in a conventional way but you are my wife"

"no one needs to know it's his."

"he already knows and he has called it his firstborn."

"firs born?" lady wynn says sounding scared and Knox nods his head as he states.

"That means if it is a boy he will be raised to be the future king. that being said let us hope it is a girl."

"and if it is not?"

"then the child will need a lot of protection and let us hope that ruck will be willing to provide it"

"and if he doesn't?" lady wynn asks sounding upset and Knox looks up as he thinks over the child's future and frowns as he whispers.

"we may have to seek O'Sullivan aide then if the time comes to it."

"O'Sullivan's?" wynn asks not sounding happy about it and Knox nods to her as he whispers.

"it may be our only choice. if you care about the child thnd I as your husband will do my best to help."