Chapter Ten

Archibald sits dressed in a suit hearing the voice from the television.

"in other news, the vote for females rights in the monarchy has now been named proclamation 9 naming it the 9th time this issue has come before the wardens and all 8 times before it the vote was unanimous on not giving a woman the right to vote. judging by the progressiveness of the new kingdoms we assume the O'Sullivns and the Shaws being kingdoms who have remained conservative in their views will vote no. however, we are happy to announce this proclamation was brought up by Queen Galvin herself."

Archibald turns his head eyeing the screen as he whispers.

"Galvins...." 

A person walks in dressed in all white and Archibald lifts his head as the young man bows his head and comments.

"I am your Galvin escort, sir-"

Archibald turns his head.

"an escort?"

"yes, no AI's at this meeting all human, and all guards are Galvin. We all have been screened by the Queen herself."

Archibald gets to his feet and walks out following the Galvin but stops in the hall eyeing Salione Crane and she stops staring back at her former lover

"king Archibald..."

"Queen crane..." He bows and she bows her head as well as she whispers

"I hope you vote the right way, Archer..."

Archibald turns his head and she grins up as Archibald asks.

"Which way is that?" the Galvin steps forward.

"I apologize but it is against rules to discuss your voting before the vote. after you can freely discuss but before we like to avoid bribery or other nefarious actions that could tamper with the votes."

the Galvin motions in and comments.

"now please go inside..."

Archibald and queen crane walk into the large chamber and sallione motions in.

"looks like we are first"

"looks like it..." Archibald stares over the woman and she pushes back against the large round table as she asks.

"do you remember the summers on the plateau? the sun, the light rains the way the breeze would hit the wind just right and you could smell the flowers when we were young."

"before the wars you mean?" Archibald asks sounding upset and she nods agreeing with him.

"yes, wars...." She sighs opening her eyes as Archibald gains ground on her and she looks up as she asks outright.

"are you going to vote yes?"

"I don't know-"

"I am the only woman voting on this Archbald, the only one. I need, I need allies or I may very well lose the crane kingdom to some random nobleman..."

she lifts her eyes staring down her former love and sighs to herself as she speaks freely with him.

"they will ceremony me, the elders to some noble prince second born and he will rule the cranes into the dirt"

"or perhaps to glory...." Archibald comments and she lifts her eyes.

"It shouldn't be his to rule..."

"then I guess we should hope for a good vote, my lady..." Archibald nods his head and gets closer but stops inches away as the doors open and a larger group walks inside. the Galvin in all white nods to everyone and leaves the room leaving everyone alone. Alvis steps forward and speaks firmly.