Chapter Ten

King Archibald sits on his throne and hears a few men speaking but blinks hearing a voice ring out.

"My lord!"

He blinks looking up at the two men and nods to them.

"Go ahead I am listening"

The man nods his head staring over his king and eyes the young man stiff appearance and firm posture. He smiles out of respect and begins speaking.

"There are reports still of the dark death spreading. Some smaller towns have been burnt and many are asking our clan to investigate. With Edmond's death, my lord the dark death still spreads which makes us think that Edmond alone was not to blame which is why we asked for a closed throne with you."

The older man looks around the room making sure the three of them are fully alone. Archibald nods to the man.

"Speak up we are closed."

The older man asks bluntly staring down his king.

"Are you in charge of the dark death?"

Archibald sits back in his throne and plays with his sword as he asks the man.

"Are you accusing your king of treason against the monarchy?"

Archibald turns his head staring down the man and the other man steps back staring the older man down as he bows his head.

"I never questioned your loyalties my lord but he, he insisted we ask and my lord, I tried to talk him out of it."

The older man stares at the younger.

"Sniveling liar! We agreed to this question and this closed throne to ensure the respect of the crown remained. Shut your mouth you are a lying fool!"

Archibald shakes his head in annoyance.

"Would you both shut your mouth before I behead you for the annoyance of my time."

They both quiet down and Archibald looks them over eyeing the two older men as he shakes his head.

"Edmond was foolish he was ill and sought the blades power to remain alive instead of entrusting the plateau with his medical care. He was afraid father would see him as weak and the power he wielded was too strong for him and he was careless."

The two old men remain quiet and Archibald looks them over as he comments.

"Our clan has held the many weapons of old for years, the weapons remain forbidden and we ensure those laws are followed"

The older man interrupts looking over his king as he comments.

"My lord please forgive my forwardness, but we need to know the truth. Do you wield control of the dark death?"

Archibald looks over his men and sits back on his throne as he comments.

"I can only control the new not the former. It has been that way for many years. If we want the dark death to end all my brother's former troops must be killed."

The two old men nod to each other and the older man speaks firm.

"sire the only way we can completely kill them is to kill their controller the dark death doesn't exist without a master..."

Archibald looks to the floor and one of the two men step forward closer to the king.

"My lord that is the only way unless you call them back here and we can burn them. I assume they are at your command now as you hold the blade do you not?"