Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 1:

She had rejected him.

After everything. After she had shipped herself to the Supremacy just to see him. After he spared her life and killed Snoke for her. After he offered to give up everything he knew just to be with her.

After he offered her the whole galaxy she climbed onto that old rust bucket the Millennium Falcon with the traitor FN-2187 and that damnedable pilot Dameron and flown away with the rest of the Resistance like it meant nothing. To say that Kylo Ren was livid was an understatement of epic proportions. His command ship now had the damage to attest to it. Hux and the other storm troopers had avoided him like the plague and he really didn't mind. He wanted to be alone if he couldn't be with Rey.

Just thinking about her made his blood boil. That ungrateful little scavenger girl was the cause of all of his misery. He was alone without his master to guide him. Hux and the other high-ranking members of the First Order no longer trusted him. He had failed in every attempt to capture her, to turn her to the dark side, to use her to find Skywalker or to use her to destroy the Resistance.

He couldn't decide if he hated her or if she was the most precious thing in the galaxy. She made him feel so unstable, like he couldn't get control of himself. He was now the Supreme Leader of the First Order. He couldn't afford to appear unstable with his power base as of yet unsolidified.

Oh sure, General Hux and the other members of the Council pretended to be 100% loyal and committed to his vision but he could hear whispers in the force of their discord. Kylo knew that if he didn't do something to prove his commitment to the Order he would soon have a coup on his hands.

So, after a fortnight he decided it was time to start acting like the Supreme Leader he was always meant to be. His first act would be wiping out anyone even thinking of aiding the Resistance.

"Report," Kylo demanded from his throne, the same throne that Snoke used to sit on and give orders. "We have located all of the remaining allies of the Resistance. Including Maz Kanata," the Stormtrooper OP-6758 said. "And?" "Hux is leading a small group to each planet to personally make an example of any Resistance supporters," OP said. "Good. I want a full report after every encounter. Warn Hux that his life depends on it," Kylo said. "Yes, Supreme Leader. Is there anything else I can do for you," OP asked. "Yes, see if the communications team can get the traitor FN-2187's tracker online so that we can begin tracking down the last of the Rebel Army." After a moment he added, "Also bring me a list of every Politian and world leader we have in our pocket. And find out where the Order gets its credits. I don't like owing people I don't know."

There was so much he didn't know about running the First Order not that Snoke had been the sharing type. Kylo Ren also doubted that Snoke ever foresaw the need to train someone to take his place. And yet here Kylo was sitting in Snoke's throne. The power of being Supreme Leader was a heady thing, but he missed having Snoke's guidance even if his influence was like willingly ingesting poison.

Kylo spent the rest of the day cycle listening to Admirals and the like give reports on what they did for the Order and why they should be allowed to continue. By the end of the day he had come to understand that though these individuals indeed followed Snoke out of fear, they really were loyal to Hux.

Kylo made a mental note to start replacing anyone that was out rightly Hux's. He would slowly but surely implement his true takeover of the First Order that would end only after all the Order was loyal to him and him alone and Hux dead.