Chapter 22:

Disclaimer:  I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 22:

Rey, Kylo and Phasma took their time walking back to the lift. Rey held Kylo's hand tightly. She didn't want to seem nervous but she was. She had told Leia about their relationship so she knew it wouldn't be long before everyone else on the base knew. Kylo's mood also did nothing to improve the odds of a confrontation.

"So what did you have to say to get her to let us out," Kylo asked in a low voice. Rey blushed bright red and then said, "I tried to convince her that we needed to work together to defeat Zroyais but then Luke showed up and told her everything."

Kylo stopped in his tracks and Phasma almost bumped right into the pair who had halted so suddenly. Kylo squeezed Rey's hand a little tighter so that she looked up into his deep brown eyes.

"Luke was here," he asked and she nodded. "What did he say besides telling my mother our business," he growled. "Not much. He was disappointed that we hadn't fully cemented the bond and completed our training but I explained that having to run from the Vengeance cut our training short," Rey reported and they began walking again.

Kylo shook his head and his hair whipped around face.

"So what are the odds we can make it back to the ship without your friends attacking us," Phasma asked. "I thought we would grab some food from the dining hall and then we can head to my hut and get some rest for the night," Rey said. "Hut," Kylo and Phasma asked at the same time. "I was never comfortable sleeping inside the base so I built my own little hut outside the back of the base. You've been there before, you just couldn't see it," Rey explained.

Kylo thought back on it and Rey filled in the blanks from her own memory of the place.

"Also if we do stay...I could build one for you too, Phasma. The energy shield that protects the base is rather large and I could put it anywhere you like," Rey offered.

Phasma looked surprised. Sure she and Rey didn't hate each other but Phasma didn't think they were good enough friends for Rey to want to do something so selfless.

"I think I would like that," Phasma said. "Thank you," Kylo whispered into Rey's hair and then placed a kiss on the top of her head. "We all need to get along. It'll be easier for the others to accept you two once they see that we are okay," Rey reasoned and Phasma nodded.

When the small group made it back to the lift, both Kylo and Phasma hesitated right outside the gate. Rey pulled Kylo on after her and Phasma followed them. Rey wrapped her arms around Kylo's waist as the metal cage rose until they could feel the humid air from the outside. Rey welcomed the warmth even after only being down in cold dungeon for less than half an hour.

They stepped off the lift and the halls were nearly deserted. Not that Kylo or Phasma minded that. Rey led the way to the dining hall with her arm still around Kylo's waist. It wasn't as crowded as this morning and thankfully Rey didn't see anyone she really knew, though the tension level in the room grew as the threesome made their way over to the food line.

"We don't have as big a selection as you did back on the Vengeance but everything here is really good. The fruit is picked fresh and the fish came from the ocean which is about an hour walk from the base so all of the fish is just as fresh as the fruit," Rey explained as she directed Kylo and Phasma on what to put on their plates. Phasma took a bite of one of the bright red berries and said, "I was a girl the last time I had heart fruit."

Rey smiled and nodded.

"I didn't have one of those for the first time until I got to Olara but they are some of my favorites. Heart fruit and Sun fruit are native to this planet," Rey said. "Well that's one point for Olara," Phasma joked as she and Rey led the way out of the dining hall.