Chapter 14:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 14:

Kylo knew Rey wouldn't approve of killing the locksmith but he couldn't take the chance that the man would tell Hux or any of the hundreds of people who wanted to see her hurting, how to get into her room. He needed to able to leave the Vengeance without constantly worrying about her safety. She wouldn't talk to him at all the next day when he took her lunch or dinner but after 3 days of Kylo being the only person she got to see, she finally relented and asked why. Of course she didn't like the fact that he planned to leave her alone at some point in time but she understood his need for caution.

Rey's training went spectacularly after that. She got over the fact that the slap of the ruler and his almost hurtful questions that were his way of throwing her off the most were just part of the training but it also helped when he started using other methods to distract her. He had discovered that she was particularly ticklish on the bottoms of her feet and he was beginning to mourn the fact that she was getting better at keeping her focus as that was the only time he really got to hear her laugh so openly.

After two full weeks of lifting the chair first without and with distractions Rey was able to keep several things in her room two meters off of the floor with no issue for hours. She really was a fast learner and almost insanely powerful. She could even communicate using their link while doing these exercises.

He was surprised to see how excited she was when he entered her room.

"Good afternoon, Kylo," she said with a slight smile on her face.

Kylo set the two plates on her desk. Which Rey all but pounced on as soon as Kylo stepped away. She really enjoyed food so Kylo tried to bring her something new every day. Today he'd brought her a BLT and a Caesar salad. Neither of which she'd ever had.

"How did your training go this morning," he asked, sitting down across from her. "Good. I was able to lift the desk for the whole hour along with the bed and both chairs. I think I'm finally ready for the next step," she said, drowning her salad in the Caesar dressing the cooks had provided them both. "If you can prove to me that you can hold them all off the floor while in a one-handed hand stand with several distractions, then we can move on to the next step," Kylo said watching her with interest.

Rey was stuffing her face as though it were her last meal. She moaned in pleasure after taking the first bite of her sandwich and Kylo found himself staring at her lips. He had been dreaming of her more often since she'd been on the Vengeance but they'd also been shielding so hard that they couldn't even accidently get inside each other's heads.

"I can do it right now if you like," she said excitedly, wiping mayo from her lip. "You seem very eager," Kylo said. "I've been stuck in this room for 14 days. I just want to do something other than making things float and I read in one of the texts that I took from Ahch-to that a forest is needed for the next part of training," she said staring at him expectantly. "And here I was thinking you were just excited to learn something new," Kylo said with a smirk. "I am excited to learn something new and to get the hell out of this room," she shot back. "Well hurry up and finish your meal, then you can prove to me that you are ready to move on," Kylo said.

Rey nodded and went back to devouring everything on her plate.

Kylo ate his food slowly, though not really enjoying it. He was enjoying being with Rey. Kylo was respecting her wishes and staying away from her as much as he could because being in the same physical space as Rey was almost over whelming and quite different from being near her when the Force connected them. And when he was around her, he had this urge to grab hold of her and never let go. He hadn't once missed Megum or Kalissa.