Chapter 23:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 23:

A week went by with Rey reacclimating to being among the Resistance fighters again. Faces that were once open and friendly were now guarded and cold. Finn came around every now and then but never when Phasma was around. Rose only came around when Kylo and Phasma weren't around. She hadn't seen Poe at all since that day in the hall, not that she was ready to see him.

As rough as it was for her, Rey knew it was a thousand time worse for Kylo and Phasma. They couldn't go anywhere on the base without at least 3 weapons pointed at them. Leia didn't seem like she was going to do anything about it any time soon and Kylo was in a foul mood because of it.

So, while Rey went back to her mechanic duties and helping Phasma build a hut similar to hers, Kylo took to the jungle for hours on end with the bond shut so tightly it was almost though it wasn't there. Rey had no idea what he was doing but she knew every night he would come back in time for dinner. He would have bruises and cuts but wouldn't tell her what he'd been doing.

Today was the first day that the new Force Users approached Rey. After hearing that she was in a relationship with Kylo Ren they had seemed reluctant to seek her training. Rey didn't want to press the issue incase they had totally changed their minds, but it seemed that they did not. Not that she knew what they were expecting her to teach them.

Rey was helping Phasma put up the walls for her own hut when Rey sensed them coming toward her.

"Hey Phas, let's take a break for a while. We can finish the walls once the sun goes down," Rey said. "Sure, thing. I think I'll head back to the ship for a while," Phasma said as the newbies came through the trees.

Rey sat on the steps of her hut and took a drink of water as she waited for them to come closer. They hesitated for a second. Rey shot them a sincere smile.

"Hello," she said in a cheery voice. "Hello!"

The reply came in an equally cheery voice. The voice belonged to a beautiful woman with long burgundy hair which was more purple than red and hung down her back with blunt cut bangs that hung in her light brown, almost beige eyes which were framed by long lashes the same color as the hair leading Rey to believe that it was her natural color. She was shorter than Rey and curvier but what drew Rey's eye were the black antenna hiding under the woman's bangs and the butterfly wing tattoo that cover her entire back.

"What are you," Rey found herself asking.

The woman who had been happily bounding over to Rey stopped in her tracks and frowned at Rey.

"I am Eshreal Mecca of the planet Quycury of the Quinazy system. I am a Curian," she said as though that explained everything. "I am sorry but I've never heard of that planet or that system," Rey said. "Makes sense. Not only was it blown up by the First Order about 2 years after you were born, but it was also outside of the Skyriver Galaxy," Eshreal said with a bright smile.

Rey was shocked. She had never met someone from outside of the galaxy. She found herself wanting to ask the woman more questions but the rest of her group emerged from the trees. Rey was surprised to see the Twi'lek woman who had escaped Jasmenerth with Rey with them. If she remembered right her name was Taliki. Rey swore she hadn't felt anything from her before but right then Rey could feel the Force strongly in all 5 of the beings that had come to learn from her.

Taliki smiled at Rey. On the other hand the three males' faces were a lot harder to read. Curiosity radiated from them but also unease.

"Kylo is nowhere around and probably won't be back for hours," Rey said.