Chapter 10:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 10:

Rey was glad that it would take almost a month for the First Order and the Resistance to prepare for the exchange. It left her with time to mentally prepare for all of the possible outcomes. Not that there were many, just two: Kylo and the Order hands over the ships and the Resistance returns Hux or Kylo and the Order double crosses the Resistance and they all have to shoot it out with slight variations on how they would get to that point. Rey knew that if things went south it would be up to her to take Kylo Ren down.

She didn't want to think about that. Even though she was still very much conflicted in what she felt for the dark Jedi, the thought of killing anyone made her severely uncomfortable. Now that they had Hux in custody and he was no longer free to murder innocents Rey could clearly see how wrong she would have been to kill him. She was glad that they were able to capture him instead.

It had been 13 days since Leia had reached out to her son and thankfully that was the last time that Rey had saw him. The bond had been quiet this whole time and Rey was glad because she still had no idea what to say or what she would do the next time she saw him. Part of her was still so angry with him and so jealous of the girl who was getting his attention that at times she felt like she was falling to the dark side. The rest of her was warring between saving him and letting his womanizing ass get what's coming to him.

Today Rey was keeping busy helping the mechanics. The only way she could really shut her brain off was to work with her hands. There were enough broken-down land speeders to keep all 20-mechanics busy for the next few weeks, so they welcomed Rey's help easily.

"What could you possibly be thinking about so hard that you're just letting oil spill out of that broken-down land speeder," Poe's voice came from somewhere in the hanger beyond.

Rey rolled from under the speeder and began sputtering because the way she rolled out was right under the spill of oil. She clearly hadn't been paying any attention as there was oil all over the ground and now all over her.

Rey used a rag to wipe the oil out of her eyes. When she could see again she threw the rag at Poe and Finn who were laughing as though this was the funniest thing they'd seen in days.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up," Rey said.

She called a bunch of rags to her hands with the force and proceeded to clean up the oil. Poe and Finn were still laughing by the time Rey hauled the filthy rags over to the bin they used to contain anything that might stain.

"I know you two didn't just come here to annoy me; what's up," Rey asked, rubbing oil from her face and hands with a clean rag. "We wanted to know if you wanted to go exploring with us later. Leia wants us to search the island. She wants to know if we can expand the base should the need arises," Finn explained. "Why would we need to expand the base? Even with the handful of us and 200 Jasmenerthians, there's still more than enough room," Rey said. "That's true but since we captured Hux Leia's been getting messages from so called allies that were too afraid of the Order to join us before. We have rebels from thousands of planets seeking asylum with us," Poe explained.

Rey thought about it for a moment.

"It's nice that we have all these people wanting to join the Resistance, but I don't think it's smart if we are all stationed on one planet. If the First Order ever found us they could just blow us out of the sky. I think we need to scout nearby planets if we are going to start taking in a bunch of people," Rey said with a thoughtful look on her pretty face.

The guys seemed to think about what she said and then nodded to each other. Rey figured Poe would go with Finn to tell Leia her idea, but he stayed as the younger man ran off towards the General's quarters. Rey and Poe stood there and watched Finn disappear down the long main hall of the base.