Chapter 17:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 17:

As the days passed Rey and Phasma became closer, not quiet friends but no longer clear cut enemies. They ate dinner together every night and then worked on honing Rey's senses through the Force. Rey was getting very good at sensing the living force. It didn't take long before it took hours for her to lose track of the droid and it was always using her hearing, sight, and sense of smell. She was quickly mastering Force Listening, Force Smell and Force Sight.

It was her mastery of Force Sense that was still lacking and Rey had no clue why. She could easily sense the living force, the life force of everyone around her but she could only identify individuals if they were very near her. She could pick Phasma out of the crowd because Rey had spent the last 14 days with Phasma's slightly dimmed energy blazing right in her face.

Rey thought that the problem was that Phasma was not a force user and therefore couldn't fully explain to Rey the way it should feel or how to best open herself up to the living Force. When the two women got really frustrated they started shouting and Phasma ended up leaving after they came close to trading blows. At this point she was really starting to miss Kylo. He had been gone 14 whole days.

Rey had eaten her dinner all alone and was trying to focus on meditating when she felt a familiar presence in her room. She barely turned away from her plate. While she was thankful to see someone other than Phamsa, Luke wasn't exactly the force user Rey wanted to see.

Good evening Rey. How is your training going, Luke asked. Good. I've been working on my Force Sense but it's rather difficult when you don't even know what you should be feeling for, Rey admitted. Force Sense just takes practice. When you are feeling for the living force try and find the little differences between different people, and differences between living beings and inanimate objects. Once you notice what makes each life force unique it'll come easier. Once Kylo is back you can ask him, Luke said with a smile.

Transparent Luke walked around Rey's cell/bedroom, noting different things. Rey watched him move around the room. She got the sense that he was here for a reason.

I don't think you came here just to check up on my training, Rey said. No, not just to check up on your training. I came to warn you that this new threat is approaching much faster than we'd all realized. I wish Kylo was here, so I could speak with the two of you together. This new evil has their sights set on the First Order for its technology and manpower. Tell Kylo to watch who he does dealings with. Even connected to the Force I cannot tell how far and wide this threat has already reached, Luke said and even on his slightly younger face the worry was evident.

Rey thought for a moment.

I will tell him but in case you didn't know Kylo left the ship two weeks ago to meet with someone. He wasn't too forthcoming with the details. You don't think Kylo has run into trouble and that's why he hasn't come back yet, Rey asked, concerned. I don't know. I haven't felt any disturbances in the force, so I would say that Kylo is safe. I will check on you again when I can, Luke said and then was gone.

Rey sighed. She was alone again. She went and sat on her bed and began meditating. She started working on feeling each individual person and thing on the Vengeance and other ships that made up Kylo's new fleet. Soon she began to feel the difference between the many humans, the few non-humanoids, the many droids and everything else. She fell into deep meditation before long and began looking for specific energy signatures.