Chapter 26

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 26:

By the time Kylo caught up with Rey, she was pretending that she was no longer upset. When he tried to talk to her about it she avoided the topic all together. He hadn't meant to hurt her, just his mother. In all honesty Kylo had intended on the Skywalker line dying with him. Kids had never been a part of his plan, especially after the dream that Zroyais has invaded. Then again neither had falling in love with a light Force User.

With Cade, Zer-o, Essie, Liki and Gear gone they both had more free time than they would have liked. Rey used that time to hang out with her friends minus that cocky pilot bastard. For which Kylo was eternally grateful because he had a feeling the next time he and Poe Dameron ran into each other wouldn't be any different than the last time and he didn't want to upset Rey any more than she already was.

Kylo once again found himself wandering the jungles of Olara. Though fighting beasts didn't have the same feel now that he'd spent weeks training with other Force Sensitives. He was beginning to think that Olara had lost all of its excitement and danger in the weeks he'd spent with the others. At least until he came across the leader of the Olaran Tigers again.

The giant male still bore the marks from his and Kylo's first fight as well as a few new ones. Kylo wondered what could be strong enough or dangerous enough to take on the tiger. The male seemed angrier than before and charged at Kylo right away. Kylo dodged the giant mass of fur by sidestepping while pushing it in the opposite direction using the Force.

Kylo got a clearer look at the tiger and saw that there was something sticking out of its side. Kylo held the tiger still with the Force and went over to it. The male was struggling, his powerful jaws snapping in Kylo's direction, his paws trying to swipe at Kylo.

As he got closer to the beast the smell of blood got stronger and through the thick orange fur Kylo could see a spike of some kind. He knelt down next to the beast and was torn between putting it out of its misery and saving its life. The darkness in him told him to put the pitiful beast down but Rey's light told him that he couldn't eliminate such a powerful beast after it had put up such a good fight against him.

In the end he knelt and ran his large hand over the side of the beast until he felt the warm stickiness of blood and sharp metal protruding from the fur. He held it very still with the Force while he wrapped his hand around the piece of metal and pulled. The tiger let out a painful whine before passing out.

Before Kylo could get a good look at what he had pulled out of the tiger, blood began to pour from the wound to soak the ground around him as well as Kylo's pants. Panic began to settle in as he felt the beast's life energy leaking away. Luckily he recalled a conversation he overheard between Eshreal and Zer-o about the medicinal properties of the swamp clay and the leaves of more than a few plants around here. Kylo found a stick and wide flat leaf and then went to the swamp to gather some of the clay.

It felt so strange to be helping someone other than Rey but it also felt good. After gathering what he would need, he rushed back to the fallen giant that had yet to regain consciousness. With care he ground some of the pain relieving leaves up along with some that would act as antiseptic and added them to the clay. Then he packed the wound tightly with the clay and leaf mixture and while the clay was still sticky he took a piece of one of the leaves and pressed it to the wound.

Kylo was relieved when the bleeding slowly stopped. He sat there with the beast monitoring its breathing and heart beat until he was sure it would be okay on its own. Then he took a look at the thing he had pulled from the tiger's side. It appeared to be the head of a harpoon of some sort.