Chapter 19:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 19:

Kylo found that sleeping and waking up next to Rey was more refreshing than sleeping for a week straight on his own. He didn't have a single nightmare and when he awoke in the morning he wasn't covered in fear sweat. He loved to watch Rey sleep for a few minutes before returning to his room to get dressed for the day.

He handled what he needed to and was always very grateful for lunch time. When he got to Rey's room she threw herself into his arms almost knocking the tray with their food out of his hands. Not that he minded. It was nice having her in his arms like that.

Over lunch they discussed her training and the mastery with which she passed so many trials so easily. It was important that they talked about developing her abilities further since they had no idea when this so called new evil was going to rear its ugly head. They needed to come up with plans different and scenarios.

Kylo could admit that he would rather talk about her development than start delving into the mess that would be their relationship even if it was only to himself. He didn't even know where to begin and he knew Rey was in the same boat. Neither of them had ever been in a relationship. The only real relationship Kylo had ever witnessed was his parents but from what he could tell the Solos were not the picture of a healthy marriage. Kylo was infinitely more comfortable putting a laser sword in Rey's hands and letting her try to kill him again but he knew they would have to talk for real if either of them wanted more than just sleeping in the same bed every night.

Yet they managed to put it off for a whole week. Instead they worked on her combat training. Rey was skilled with a quarterstaff but her hand to hand combat was lacking, as was her actual sword play. Kylo didn't take it easy on Rey either. He pushed her just as hard as he pushed himself. He was grateful to have a real sparring partner too. Though he got a good work out when he used to workout with Kalissa he always had to hold back because she couldn't sense his movements and he never wanted to seriously hurt her.

Rey on the other hand was very good at using an ability known as battle precognition so that she would know what Kylo was going to do before he actually did it. It made him really feel what he was doing and not just relying on his usual tactics and brute strength. Sparring with Rey was like no other workout he had ever experienced. He felt a burst of pride when they finished their sessions and Rey talked about everything she learned from him.

They had also started meditating together with their bond fully open, though it was different from what they had done on Florn. This was closer to what he had shared with her the night he returned from Niro. They didn't hide anything from each other.

There was nothing left that Kylo was hiding from her, but he let her feel how much his darkness actually ruled him. He let all of his rage, sadness, hate, self-loathing, pain, fear, shame, hunger for power and dominance, and his moral ambiguity all leak into her side of the bond. She hadn't been afraid when he originally let her in his head but now that the darkness could touch her he felt her panic. She didn't want the darkness to drag her down as it had almost done of Ahch-to.

He never took it further than he felt she could handle but he was worried that if she couldn't handle his darkness in the confines of their bond she would flat out run from him once his dark nature presented itself in the flesh. He could admit that he was slightly afraid of taking such pure light into himself. He could understand her trepidation because he felt it also. He had a feeling her goodness wasn't nearly as physically harmful as his darkness.

He was constantly wondering when she would come to her senses and try to kill him again. Hux certainly brought it up enough that Kylo was starting to get worried. The only thing that made him feel better was that after every one of their meditative sessions she still looked at him with that look that made his heart beat faster and she still allowed him to sleep in her bed.