Chapter 7:

Disclaimer: I do not Own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 7:

Days went by without so much as a word from the Resistance. Kylo had been sure that he would have heard from his mother by now. Yet all encrypted communication channels were quiet as a mouse. Kylo was beginning to get anxious. If the Resistance held out, he might lose the hold he had gained over Hux's loyalist. They all wanted to know what he was doing about getting Hux back and he was now reconsidering all of the plans he had made on the way to Jasmenerth. He was grateful that he still has his scouts out scouring the Amara system. He wouldn't tell anymore about that yet, though. Not until he found them and decided what to do with them.

The bond with her had also been quiet this whole time. He was growing suspicious that she had gained control over the bond and had decided to keep it closed indefinitely. Under different circumstances he would have been fine with the bond closing off but seeing her gave him insight to what was going on within the Resistance. Plus seeing her made he want to get stronger, she was his muse in a way.

He stood alone in the viewing room and allowed himself to remember the feeling of her lips on his. Though he could tell she had never been kissed before, for some reason kissing her sparked more desire in him than Thalia, Megum, and Kalissa combined. It was slightly infuriating to be so affected by someone he shouldn't want and could probably never have. Though he'd stopped sleeping with Thalia just to see how she would take and she wasn't happy.

It is such a burden to be you, huh nephew, Luke's voice came from behind.

Kylo felt an instant migraine forming near the base of his skull. He had enough problems without the dead man spouting his opinion on everything and the last thing he needed right now was to be lectured about her.

Only when you are around, uncle.

He said the word with as much dislike and ill intent as he could muster. If the force was going to let him see anyone why couldn't it be his grandfather or at the very least, her. Luke came to stand in front of the immensely wide window that allowed Kylo to see for millions of parsecs. The transparent man stood so that Kylo Ren had no choice but to look at him.

I am only here because you are still doing everything in your power to make Rey see you as a monster. Even taking that half-blood traitor into your bed was just a way for you to make her hate you, Luke said circling Kylo. I owe your Jedi nothing. What makes you think that I even want her to see me as anything other than a monster? Maybe she should hate me, and I should hate her, Kylo spat, turning to keep the force ghost in his line of vision.

Not that he was worried about Luke harming him; force ghosts were still just ghosts with no real way to affect the physical world. It was more that he was curious as to what the old Jedi would say next.

If she were supposed to hate you, my dear boy she already would, and you obviously don't hate her. Rey is supposedly your enemy, but you can't even bring yourself to think about her death. Your soul yearns for her, just as hers yearns for you. I can feel it and I'm dead, Luke said. Why are you pushing this hard when you drilled into my head that Jedi weren't allowed to feel for anyone, not allowed to want anyone the way you are suggesting the scavenger and I should allow ourselves to feel for each other?! She is nothing to me, Kylo insisted but Luke just gave him a knowing look. I was wrong, Ben. The Jedi order was wrong. I think the two of you could bring balance to the force if you actually allowed yourselves to care for one another. Rey has never known love just as you feel you have never been loved. You two are what is needed to complete the other, Luke said, almost pleading with his nephew.