Chapter 27:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 27:

Rey was so proud of how Kylo had handled things with Poe. She had been worried that another fight would break out and she would have to separate them. Instead she had been the one to lose her temper. She really wanted to know what Kylo had said to Poe after she had left but she had a feeling it would just be better to see the effect it actually had on Poe. Though she knew that if she really wanted to know, all she had to do was ask and Kylo would show her.

So, she hadn't thought about it and Poe had gone back to avoiding her at all times. Not that she cared. Every time she thought of how he was acting she got upset and broke things. She spent more time running drills with her staff and working with practice swords.

Rey felt she was ready to start training for her last trial but Kylo insisted that they still had time; time that they were spending chasing each other through the jungle of Olara. To Rey it didn't seem much different than their training back on Florn minus sharing their consciousness. Though she had to admit that a small part of her like being chased by her dark Jedi.

This particular day it was sweltering on Olara. So much so that both Kylo and Rey had stripped down to only necessary clothes. Kylo was in only a pair of dark shorts and Rey was in a pair of dark green shorts and a white half top. Her hair was clinging to her back and neck with sweat.

She was hiding near the base of the tree, using the Force to silence her breathing and hide her presence from Kylo. They had been at this game for a little over two hours and she had yet to catch him while he always seemed to find her so easily. She had the bond closed off tighter than an airlock and yet he still seemed to know exactly where she was hiding. She was determined to win at least one round.

"I'm coming for you Rey," Kylo called announcing his presence in a taunting manner.

Instead of responding as she usually would, Rey got down and began to crawl through the thick underbrush toward his voice. If she could catch him off guard, it would be the same thing as catching him on her turn. She was getting closer and closer to where she'd heard his voice when he spoke again.

"You're plan isn't going to work, little one."

Kylo sounded as though he was nowhere near where he'd been when he had first spoke. Rey knew he was fast but this was ridiculous. How was Rey every supposed to catch up with him when he had years of training on her?

She took a deep breath and fought not to get frustrated again. She could do this. They could do this. They were the most powerful Force users in history that had to mean something. There had to be a part of her that was stronger than she was currently able to comprehend. Or at least that what she kept telling herself every time Kylo won in their sparring matches and in little things like what they were doing now.

She stopped moving for a second and let stillness and the Force wash over her. She could feel everything around her, including Kylo who was searching the area where she had been hiding before. He hadn't even glanced back toward where she was hiding now.

Rey moved quickly through the grass and when she was right up on him, she sprang into action. Kylo turned around just in time to catch her in his arms with a sly smile on his face. Her momentum carried them both to the ground.

His arms tightened around her as they fell backwards. She tried to get her hands up in time to brace their fall but he wouldn't let her. They hit the ground with enough impact that Rey felt pain radiate up Kylo's back.

"Got you," he said with a smile. "I was gonna get you," Rey protested. "I knew all I had to do was wait and you would jump into my arms. You're so predictable beautiful," he said and kissed her slowly.