Chapter 24

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 24:

A week, Kylo, Rey and Phasma had been on this lousy planet for an entire week and nothing had changed. They hadn't learned any new information about Zroyais and his lot. His mother was still pretending Kylo wasn't around, as usual. The old man was nowhere to be found. Rey had all but forgotten about their training and went back to what she was doing before she came to the Vengeance. Phasma was enjoying not having to fight for everything for the first time in her life. All in all it left Kylo alone most of the time.

He had taken to spending most of his days in the jungles outside of the base's shield. Since the planet was uninhabited by intelligent life, Kylo didn't have to worry about accusatory eyes watching him everywhere he went. He felt freer than he had in a long time and wasn't exactly sure how he felt about it.

Something about being on this planet made him almost forget that Hux had taken over the First Order and that a new dark Force user was threatening everything he held dear. So he constantly reminded himself that this peace was temporary while his adversaries consolidated their positions and power bases.

Kylo refused to become soft. He challenged himself by fighting many of the bigger man-eating animals on the planet with his bare hands. He knew he could subdue them with the Force at any moment but if he wasn't physically strong enough, the Force alone may not be enough anyway. At first the beasts' strength caught Kylo by surprise but after a week he could take any of them on with confidence.

When he wasn't training his body he was training in the Force similar to the ways that he was training Rey. He would often meditate under one of Olara's many waterfalls while floating as many as ten giant boulders around his head. The boulders spun in a slow orbit around his head as he reflected on everything that had happened in the last nine months or so.

How did he go from being second to the most powerful being in the galaxy, to ruling the galaxy to fighting to save it? This wasn't supposed to be his path. When he fled Skywalker's temple almost 9 years ago, he had turned his back on the path his mother would have had him tread. Now thanks to Rey, here he was getting stronger so that he could help her and his damn uncle save the galaxy from being enslaved by Zroyais.

Kylo usually knew what to do. He had inherited his mother's brilliant mind for strategy when he wasn't letting his emotions get the best of him. Kylo didn't know if that aspect of his personality came from his father or his mother's father. All accounts of Anakin Skywalker said that he was prone to letting his emotions get the best of him, especially the negative ones and it was believed that these emotions led to his fall to the dark side more than the death of Padme Amidala, Kylo's maternal grandmother. Han Solo was known for following his gut and emotions but he didn't have to worry about the Force amplifying his emotions to become something darker.

Either way he wished he could talk to them. He wanted to apologize to his father, tell him how much he loved him and how he would rather have his own father hate him than to allow him to be tortured by Hux and Snoke. Kylo wondered if Han would understand. He wanted to ask his grandfather to help him fight the darkness in his heart so that he could succeed where Anakin had failed and love his woman without letting it overwhelm his sensibility.

Today was no exception. Kylo was sitting under the freezing cold water of one of the larger waterfalls to start off his day. Training in the Force didn't leave him exhausted so he always did that first. He'd leave the physical stuff for later.

His first clue that this day was difference was how quiet the jungle was around hm. Sure the roar of the waterfall dominated his hearing most of the time but usually there were birds chirping, little animals running through the underbrush as well as other things but not today. Today the waterfall was all that he could hear.