Chapter 16:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the amazing characters!

Chapter 16:

Rey had stayed on with her friends late into the night talking about the group calling themselves the Last Hope. Leia and the others still seemed suspicious of the group but allowed them to stay because they all had reasons to hate the First Order. Also, they had blown up five First Order Scout ships while exploring the Amara system that were probably looking for the Resistance.

Rey was so angry she wanted to punch the sleeping Kylo into consciousness but then she remembered that she was still able to keep the knowledge of where the Resistance actually was located in the Amara system a secret. In the end Rey couldn't stay mad, she knew he was looking for them and the First Order was pretty dedicated to making sure their Supreme Leader was happy and not killing them.

After Rey got over it she tried to chat with her friends like she wasn't aboard an enemy ship, locked in a room with the Supreme Leader of the First Order. Though Rey definitely didn't tell them that Kylo was right behind her. She told them about her training and made fun of Finn and Rose's budding relationship.

Poe was being standoffish ever since she told them that they should in no way attempt to rescue her. He kept grumbling that Kylo had to be making her say that. Finally, Leia had sent the others away and made sure that Rey was safe where she was and then ask if there was anything they could do for her. Rey made sure that they were all safe and promised to try and call more often before ending the transmission.

Rey wondered if there was any way she would be going back to her room and after trying to wake Kylo several times before she ended up just crawling on to the opposite side of the giant bed from him. She was in a deep sleep before she could even contemplate the implications that would come from them waking up together. Even when they slept on the shuttle on Florn they were always on two different sides. This was the first time they'd ever shared a bed.

When she woke in the morning she was back in her room, alone. She didn't know when Kylo had brought her to her room and was slightly peeved that she didn't get to see his reaction to waking up with Rey next to him. Rey looked around and found that her lunch was sitting on her desk.

She had slept way longer than she had first suspected. Usually she and Kylo ate lunch together, so it was odd to find the food here but not her usual companion. She reached out for his mind and when she found it, she slipped easily inside.

Suddenly Kylo was sitting at the end of her bed. He seemed to be meditating, which was rare. Kylo seemed to hate having to sit still for any real period of time. Rey gently set her hand on his shoulder. His eyes opened slowly.

You are finally awake, he said into her mind. Yeah, I didn't mean to sleep so long. Why is lunch here and you aren't, she asked pushing the covers back.

Kylo avoided looking directly at her.

So you're not going to tell me, just like you didn't tell me that you had scouts in the Amara system, Rey accused coolly. I take it my mother and your friends are responsible for the disappearance of several of my scout ships, Kylo said and for once there was no anger in his voice, just curiosity. Actually, no. No one I ever met had anything to do with it.

Rey moved off of the bed to sit at the desk. She pushed the food around on the plate as she waited for him to ask what she meant.

Ever since your little up rising on Jasmenerth, I've been waiting for the number of people flocking to the Resistance to increase, Kylo said, wistfully. So you aren't surprised, Rey asked. No and eat your food. We used a lot of energy training on Florn and now that we aren't together we are both feeling it, he said.