Chapter 15:

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of he amazing characters!

Chapter 15:

Rey and Kylo had spent two full months on Florn totally alone except for when Luke decided to pop in to check on their progress. They survived off of protein bars from the shuttle and anything edible that wasn't poisonous that they could find on this part of the planet. They also did their best to stay away from the beings living on the planet.

It had taken them the whole first month to master running together without letting go of each other's hands or losing focus and causing the other to fall. As much as Rey said she trusted him, there were still doubts that she had and sections of her mind that she had closed off to him. Whereas there was only a tiny section of his mind that he kept Rey out of and she suspected it was where he kept his memories of his former lovers. She was glad that he kept her from seeing that. She didn't know what would happen if she accidently wandered into that part of his mind.

The second month of their training had consisted of one of them running through the jungle with their eyes covered and relying on the other to guide them using the Force. Once you got used to the feeling of the other person's body that task was relatively simple. Though Rey had accidently run Kylo into a couple of low hanging branches before she got the hang of his tall form.

The main thing that Rey had learned from their training was that the longer they held the bond open, the harder it was to close when it came time for their training to end at night. It was like cutting a hole in a wall and then trying to smear the rest of the wall over the hole to close it just to cut more of it away later. Rey wondered if there would come a day where she wouldn't be able to keep Kylo out of her mind at all and from all the time she'd spent in his head she knew he shared that same fear.

Through it all they were becoming closer, just as Luke wanted. There were moments when she felt Kylo's desire for her like a hand caressing her entire body before he got it under control and there were moments that she found herself longing to run her fingers through his raven tresses or brush her lips over the pale skin of his bare chest. Rey knew he could feel what she was feeling as well as hear her thoughts as though they were his own. And there certainly were moments that she felt putting their feelings for each other to the side was a bad idea.

None of that was comforting.

You are thinking very hard, Kylo's low tone broke her out of her thoughts. I'm sorry, did you say something, Rey asked blinking rapidly in his direction. Just asked if you wanted to go for one more run before we head back to the ship, he said, not looking at her.

Rey blushed bright red as she knew he'd picked up her earlier thoughts.

Sure. I know it's hot and icky here but I'm gonna miss it when we go back to the Vengeance, Rey said, mournfully. You could always run off toward the city. There might be rebel sympathizers here that can help you get back to your friends, Kylo said almost as if he were trying to give her a chance to escape. Our minds are connected enough that you would be able to find me no matter where I went on this planet and the same goes for you, she said, quietly.

He looked at her. Rey shrugged it was true. She could probably feel him across that galaxy if she tried. Besides if she left now she would just lead him straight to the Resistance.

So, does that mean you're staying with me, he asked, eyes dropping to the ground. I can't go...But I can't stay locked in a cell for the rest of my life or until you deem fit. I miss fresh air and natural light. I miss not being alone all the time. I miss my friends, Rey said avoiding looking directly at him.