Chapter 1

"Lyon Family....Hakeem is stable. He was shot in the back. The bullet barely missed his heart. If it hadn't hit a rib and veered off course and exited his body your son would have died. The young lady he shielded then got the bullet in her shoulder. It had lost speed and momentum so she was virtually unharmed." The docter spoke. Cookie sighed in releif. He was ok. Still alive and kicking.

"Can we see him?" Andre asked. The docter nodded.

"He's being transferred into Ms.Brown's room per his request. So I'll have my nurse escort you there." The docter spoke. Cookie rolled her eyes.

"Thank you." Lucious spoke sincerely. They followed the nurse to a secluded room. Walking in Cookie saw Hakeem laying awake staring at the ceiling.

"Hakeem." Cookie called rushing over to him.

He looked at her then Bella in her arms and let out a breath of releif. Cookie kissed him on the cheek placing Bella down sitting up right next to him. By the way he was staring at his child Cooks knew he had been worrying.

The family gave him a momment with her. He stated at Bella with love in his eyes. She gave him a slobery grin. He rand his hand through her curls and smiled. Taking a few moments to really grasp she was ok. Turning his head he looked over at his family giving them a smile.

"Quit looking at me like that Ma. I'm a Lyon." He spoke with a grin. She sucked her teeth giving him another hug.

"How's Tiana?" Andre asked.

"Pregnant." Hakeem blurted.

There was a long pause between everyone. He awaited reactions he didn't know how else to tell them. Maybe just flat out saying it wasn't the best idea, but hey now it was out there.

"You mean she's pregnant?" Andre asked. Hakeem nodded. Cookie smacked him in the back of the head.

"Twice now Hakeem. Twice!" Cookie growled.

Cookie had a bone to pick with that girl. Her loyalty was beyond questioned and the day she choose Eddie was the day Cookie washed her hands with her. Getting back into the queens good grace was hard....ask Lucious.

"Fuck Ma." Hakeem groaned. Before he could realize his mistake another hit came from her.

"Don't cuss at me. I'm not the one sleeping with the enemy." Cookie snapped ready to smack him once more.

"Better not be." Lucious grumbled under his breath.

"Alright, Alright let us not forget Keem was shot." Andre spoke putting distance between Keem and Cookie.

"Ima shoot his ass." Cookie threatened. Hakeem sighed heavily.

"We hashed it out ma." Keem spoke. Bella completely oblivious to the arguing found herself completely engrossed in the hospital bed remote.

"Oh you hashed it out. Whuppty fucking do. That don't change nothing. She's not to be trusted baby or not." Cookie growled. Lucious couldn't help but agree she had a point.

"I love her ma. That girl was there at my lowest. Rock bottom ok. I'm gonna do the same. She feels like shit already no need to kick her while she's down." Hakeem spoke. You could tell by his tone he was feeling strong behind his words. Cookie opened her mouth to retort but Hakeem cut her off.

"You of all people should know about forgiveness." Hakeem bitterly chimed in. Cookies face dropped. That was a low blow.

"K." She simply responded before picking up Bella and the baby bag heading torwards the restroom.

"Come on now Keem." Andre scolded. Hakeem shrugged like a child. He regretted it feeling the pain bite back.

"You diddnt say anything when she was attacking T." Hakeem snapped.