Chapter 15

31 years ago......

"So you see why you're here sweetheart?" J spoke smoking on his cigar.

Cookie sniffled wiping her face. She was sitting in some abandoned warehouse, plastic tarp on the floor under the chair she was sitting in. There was so much she didn't know about Lucious drug side, apparently he had been skimming off the top to make sure they could have stuff for the incoming baby.

Not only that but Frank was J's rival, that was another thing she didn't know. Not because she couldn't get the information, but because she never asked. She had countless arguments with him about her staying out of his lifestyle, it was safer that way. Well apparently not.....

"See I let ya boy slide with you. We don't bring no new people into the business without my say so. Yet he still snuck you under my radar. He think I'm stupid and I don't see shit, im J baby. I hear and see every damn thing. I let yo ass slide cause I liked the kid, shit might even have paid for a night with you till you got prdgnant." J spat putting out his cigar. He picked up his silver pistol and smiled. A gunshot rung out in the distance followed by rapid fire. J chuckled walking up to Cookie.

"Baby Daddy is angry." He teased listening to all the shots ringing out. Cookie started shaking, she wasn't used to this life. She had went to a christen school for God's sake. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach, she cried out as a warm liquid rushed down her legs. J looked down and scowled.

"Did you just piss yourself?" He asked with a laugh, she hunched over her fist clenching from pain.

"Oh shit. Your going into labor." He spat flashes from his woman at home when she birthed their son.

He was supposed to be having yet another child, but instead his woman miscarried. He had been so caught up in trying to figure out what Lucious was up to, that he wasn't home when she needed him. His ounce of sympathy vanished as he grabbed her by the hair pulling her up to her feet.

A loud thud met their ears, followed by another. J chuckled putting Cookie in a head lock and holding the gun to her head. Another thud came before the door to the room was kicked open. Lucious stormed Vernon, Bunky, and Shine flanking his side's.

"Calm down there. Wouldn't want to shoot her." J spoke, Lucious looked at the darker shade of his sweatpants on her and instantly grew worried. He raised his gun aiming it at J, who chuckled tightening his hold on Cookie. She screamed clutching her stomach.

"I'll blow her brains out right here! Play with me! Tell your little lap dogs to bounce. Just you and me little nigga." J barked.

"DO IT!" J snapped nudging Cookies head with the gun. She trembled in J's arms, her eyes pleading with Lucious.

"Bounce." He finally stated, the boys hesitated but exited.

"Good boy, now put your peice down and I won't shoot her." He spoke.

"I can't do that. Let her go, she don't have nothing to do with this. It's you and me. She carrying man, let her go." Lucious spoke his eyes glossing over watching Cookies face contort in pain. Fear had taken a hold of her body when she felt pressure, the need to push. She couldn't utter a word, she cried harder.