Chapter 8

[Unedited....]

Cookie groaned wheeling her suitcase into the house. That flight home was killer. She left with nothing and came back with bags. Lucious soon walked on with the rest of her bags, while the driver walked in with Lucious's bags.

Pooh yipped happily running up to Cookie from the family room. She smiled down at the little fluff ball as he ran around her legs.

"Hi Pooh, you been a good boy?" She asked squatting down and picking him up.

Lucious rolled his eyes. She stayed talking to that dog like he talked back. As much as Cookie said the dog was for Bella it was really for her. The rest of the family walked in, joining them in the fourier. Bella came bounding torwards Cookie.

"Pooh!" She screamed happily.

"Inside voice Bella." Tiana scolded. The little girl made an apologetic face. Cookie smiled and set the puppy down.

"I got jetlag so I need a nap." Cookie spoke.

Everyone nodded in agreement, getting ready to make their way to a guest room. Cookie walked past the family room going torward the stairs. A throat being cleared stopped all conversation in its tracks. Cookie froze misstep turning her head. Her eyes bucked before she took off running into the family room.

"JAMAL!" Her voice echoed in the house.

She almost tackled him with the sheer force of her body. He stumbled before he steadied them. She squeezed him tight as if he wasn't really there. He chuckled returning the hug, as the family migrated into the room.

"Oh I missed you so much." She smiled wiping the tears from her eyes.

It felt good to lay eyes on her child. He smiled down at his mother, a smile that quickly changed into a pained face. The impact of the slap hitting everyone's ears. Lucious smirked shaking his head, Jamal was a fool if he thought he was getting away with that.

"Don't you ever do that again!" She snapped, pulling away. He rubbed his cheek frowning as his brothers laughed.

"Mally!" Bella cheered running up to him. He picked her up giving her a light toss in the air.

"Hi munchkin." He smiled kissing her on the cheek.

Hakeem walked up giving his brother a side hug, followed by Andre who took Bella from him. Lucious walked up staring at his son silently. The family watched on anticipating the outcome. Was this gonna go good or bad? Their last conversation wasn't very pleasant. The two had an intense stare down making those in the room grow uneasy.

Lucious's mouth tilted up slightly, caising Jamal to break out into a full grin. They shared a hug, breaking the tense mood. Cookie smiled at the scene, a hug was better then arguing.

"Good to see you, son." Lucious spoke patting Jamals back.

"You to, dad." Jamal responded pulling back from the hug.

"Hey T. How's the baby?" Jamal questioned.

"Hey. The babys good. We have an ultrasound in a few weeks." She smiled, he nodded looking at his family. As if remembering something his eyes snapped down to his mother's hand. He grabbed her hand looking at the ring closely.

"Explain!" He demanded.

He had saw the post early this morning when he got in from his own flight. He had come straight here to find an empty house. Juanita informed him that they were on a trip. He didn't think to much of it. Went up to his old room, went to sleep, then got up and ate. Something nagged at him to cheek his social outlets only to come across that video. He fell out.....literally. Juanita almost called the ambulance.