Prologue

[Lucious has both of his legs in this story.]

"African American Male. Early 20's. Gunshot wound to the back. Possible internal bleeding. Unresponsive."

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

"African American Female. Early 20's. Gunshot wound to the shoulder. Responsive."

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

"Caucasian Male. Multiple gunshots wounds. Early 20's. D.O.S."

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

Hakeem blinked repeatedly. Dull voices were heard above him. White ceiling squares and bright lights passes in his veiw. He groaned turning his head to the side. More white was in his view. Looking up he saw a middle-aged man staring at him. It was then became aware of the pain he was feeling. Everything flashed into his mind. Events played out.

Hakeem laughed at a home Blake made dapping him up. He watched Tiana place Bella in her carseat and strap her in. He grinned approaching her. His agenda was to kiss her, but when her happy gaze shifted behind things went left.

"Hakeem!" She yelled her face contorted in fear.

He turned his head seeing Blake approaching his dad with his hands out on a stopping motion. Reacting with pure instinct he covered Tianas body and the door with his body.

"Wait...wait....stop!..." He heard Blake yelling before a loud bang went off.

Tiana screamed. From inside the car he could hear Bella screaming. Hakeem tucked hiself closer to them sending a prayer to God. Blake stumbled backwards looking at his dad. He placed a hand over his stomach. A warm substance rushed from where he held. With his adrenaline pumping he rushed his dad.

He managed to push his dad back almost knocking the shotgun from his hand. His father stumbled his finger slipping on the trigger. Another bang sounding out. Glass was heard shattering while simultaneously Hakeem and Tiana let out sounds of pain. Hakeem crashed to the ground his weight taking Tiana with him. The car alarm blared loudly.

Blake briefly turned his head seeing the passenger window and back window shattered. He saw his friend laying on the ground and lost it. Rushing his dad one last time a bang went off. He stopped half way feeling blood running from his mouth. He felt like he was ripped open. He felt to his knees falling onto his back.

Sirens were heard in near distance. Blake's dad looked around frantically. He meant to shot his son not the others. He pushed his feelings to the side convincing hiself that they were the reason he was acting like a colored boy.

He glanced over the scene once more. The screams of a child filling his ears. He jetted from the scene dropping the gun. Blake choked on his blood knowing this was the end. Turning his head he saw Tiana shaking Hakeem before clutching her shoulder. He wanted to say something but his light was fading quickly. Tiana looked up.and locked eyes with him. He gave her his best smile before his eyes closed.

"HAKEEM!" Tiana cried shaking him. She ignored the pain in her shoulder. A choked cry got her attention.

"No..no..no." She mumbled standing up.

She opened the door and frooze expecting the worse. She only found Bella shaking in her carseat. A cut on the side of her head most likely due to the glass. Tiana hurridly brushed the glass away from Bella and out of her hair. Bella frantically reached for Tiana.