Chapter 12

[Unedited🙄]

Humour me for a minute guys....I just wanna say I love all my readers, the voters, non voters, commenters, and my day one fans. 😍😍

2 months later......

"Chop Chop, get it together let's go!" Cookie snapped looking over her team.

The showcase was set to happen in less then two weeks. She had budget plans, and ideas crashing into eacother. This event was make or break for them. Remodeling and buying ghetto records took a chunk out of their pockets, plus new security at least the discount Malcolm gave them was nice.

The cost of producing and Artists salaries were nibbling more money everyday. Thankfully the money the artist were bringing in was starting to pay back. The chart battles with Empire were at an all time high. They took a hit when 20 for 20 dropped, but they came back fierce when some of the albums seemed rushed and put together cause they were.

Calypso and her spilled tea, helped get that slimy bastard in touch with Giselle and he came hard to collect his money. Adding on to that lets just say Luvious had a friendly dinner with Eddie's ex wife's. Dropping a big in their ear that insinuated they should hit Eddie's pockets. Things were going well, they hoped all that drama kept him busy so he stayed away from the showcase.

"Cookie!" Carol yelled shuffling into the room.

"What? What is it?" Cookie snapped, Candace came barreling in after her.

"Mama is here!" Carol spat, Cookie narrowed her eyes. She didn't want to speak to that woman, who went Houdini the second Cookie didn't abide by her demands.

"Tell her to go away." Cookie spat.

"Excuse me missy." Renee spoke entering the room. Cookie groaned resting her head in her hands, she whined feeling a wave of heat coming over her.

"Lolo, I just wanna talk to you." Renee stated glancing at her daughter.

"I'm busy, come back some other time. Or don't I don't care." Cookie spat going back over her list of wants.

"Cooks hear her out." Candace pleaded, Cookie shot her a glare.

"I am busy, go away." Cookie responded.

"Look, I went on one of my photography trips. I needed time to really find myself again. I'm back, and I want yo make things right." Renee blurted. Cookie's leg started to bounce, she was growing increasingly agitated. With the stress of finding a venue for the showcase, and whipping the artists into shape things were getting to her.

"Baby, I got good....news?" Lucious spoke entering his office looking at all the Halloway women.

Walking over to his wife he set down her tea, his phone chimed making him look down. His eyes snapped over to Cookie and he sighed. He was about to get cussed out for the fourth time today.

"Come on baby, go upstairs." He spoke, she glared at him with so much heat he could feel it. The women looked in in confusion. Cookie started grumbling under her breath fiddling with a bracelet.

"Fuck this dumb shit!" Cookie growled. Lucious started emptying his pockets.

"Put it back on! You need a break." He demanded. Realization dawned on Carol and Candace leaving Renee in the dark.

"Loretha, he's right. Take a break, you need to calm down." Candace spoke, Cookie slammed her hand down on the desk and pointed a finger at her sister.