Chapter 24

[Unedited]

November 2018

"We have an extra guest. Calypso and Journey were gonna spend thanksgiving by themselves. I extended an invitation." Cookie announced Calypso smiling behind her. Everyone nodded to hungry to really care. Andre groaned internally fixing Jazmine a plate. He found it odd that Calypso showed up the way she did but he was gonna let it slide. Giving Journey a hug Jaunita led her to the rest of the kids. An eruption of cheers signalling she met up with Rose and Bella.

Taking a seat next to Andre, Calypso smiled at him giving an icy look to Jasmine before fixing herself a plate. A calm silence falling over the table as everyone dug in. Cookie smiled looking around the room. A special set up since they had so many guests this go around. It was nice to see everyone breaking bread together.

Grabbing her hand Lucious pecked the back of it winking her way. She smiled going back to eating. Wishing she could indulge in the vast arrangement of foods to her hearts content. Prince was far too picky for her liking. She didn't wish to be puking out her soul later so she was playing it safe.

"Mom, are you even allowed to drink that?" Hakeem tossed out cutting through the silence.

"Uh boy mind your business." Cookie tossed back taking a short sip from her wine glass.

"Please don't start that argument Keem." Lucious groaned out.

"Lolo you shouldn't be drinking. Are you crazy? You want a messed up kid?" Renee spat looking at her crazy.

"Actually a glass of wine every once in a while isn't harmful. A glass....one which is what I'm drinking. Let me have my price of happiness." Cookie whined out shielding her glass like someone was gonna take it. Lucious rolled his eyes prying it from her hands and setting it back on the table.

"That's ridiculous." Renee spoke.

"Like you being here." Lucious grumbled before he could catch hiself. Lucious swatted him giving him a glare.

"Umm...So Tiana Keem any wedding thoughts yet?" Cookie rushed put before an argument erupted.

Lucious and Renee having a heated stare down. Being the petty man that Lucious was he slyly slid a finger across his throat winking at Renee. Effortlessly catching his threat her eyes flared. Angel coughed choking on her water having caught her father's gesture.

"I want it to be big and lavish. I just wanna get rid of this baby weight first. Maybe even have Kalia in the wedding." Tiana swooned her diva tendencies showing. Cookie hummed going back to eating.

"So did you and Lucious have a big wedding?" Angel questioned realizing that she had only known her real parents for several months now. The beginning she was so apprehensive she never really took the time to direct her family. It was high time she did so.

"No. Both times we went to the courthouse. Though we had somewhat of a reception when we were young." Cook chuckled thinking back to that janky gathering in their hotel room. Lucious grinned grabbing her hand and kissing the ring.

"Crazy I would have thought mom would be the on the royal wedding boat." Hakeem spoke getting pursed lips from Cookie.

"Mind you we didn't have Empire at our backs. All that money would have been dangerous to cough up." Andre jumped in.

"I don't want a wedding. What I shared with Lucious was better than any grand wedding. Some times simpler is better. Your ass should know Keem." Cookie tossed out shading her youngest son effortlessly. He scowled staring down at his plate. Lucious pursed his lips giving Cookie a look she ignored.