Happy birthday!!

Sophie POV:

"Sophie!"
*why is she yelling so early in the morning? Ugh!
"Sophie if you don't get up so help me I will throw freezing cold water on you!"
"I'm up! I'm up!"
Ugh my mom can be so mean!
Just as she thought that her alarm starts blaring in her ear. She noticed she overslept. "Shit! I'm going to be late! Not again!!"
-30 minutes later
Sophie comes down in her favorite blue jeans that hug her curves and a regular red tank and her lucky jacket.. not really lucky but I wanted something that was lucky.
"Good morning mom, where's uncle Trent and Jason? It is my birthday after all, they should be here" her smile is so big you would think she was the joker. Every birthday since she could remember they would give her a gift before school and then make her favorite breakfast. Stuffed French toast!
"Happy birthday my darling! How does it feel to be 18, I can still remember the day you were born." She starts tearing up. I hate it when she starts crying because when she starts crying. Everyone starts crying. I don't need my makeup to be ruined so early in the day.
Just as I start to speak my uncle Trent walks in and hugs me so tightly I could barely breath
"Happy birthday Sophie, you ready for your present?" Trent's smug smile makes me smile. Uncle Jason walks in next and throws me keys. Keys!! "OMG!! You did not!!"
"No! You did not!" Both me and my mom yell at once. I got my license a year ago but my mom didn't want me to get a car so I was saving to buy one. Looks like I don't need to save anymore!

-half an hour later
I pull up to school in my brand new car, I still can't believe they got me a 2013 Mustang convertible. As I'm getting out someone screams and runs into me grabbing me in a gigantic hug screaming in my right ear. "Tessa if you don't stop screaming I will become deaf" Tessa, my best friend since elementary school. She lives next door to me, when she moved in I found it interesting. The house had been on the market for years. So when someone moved in, my curiosity was peaked. And when one of them was a girl my age. I just had to say hello. And the rest is history.
"I'm sorry Sophie, but it's your birthday! And on top of that you got a car!!" She starts screaming some more. At this point all the students have stopped and looked at us like we were crazy. Well she was, I wasn't.
"Come on Tessa, let's go put our bags away before the bell rings and we're late.. again might I add."

-while she's going to class her mom is having a rather important talk with her brothers.
Annabelle POV:

Annabelle is cleaning up breakfast when her brother Trent walks in, she looks up at him and stops what she's doing.
"Anna, it's her birthday. Her 18th birthday."
"I know how old my child is Trent. I did push her out of my-"
"Stop! Don't finish that sentence" Annabelle laughs. Every year on Sophie's birthday he looks at me and tells me that we should return home. That it's safe. I told him when Sophie turns 18 she will tell her the truth about her father and their home.
She sits down and sighs "Yes brother. It is her 18th birthday. Can we just wait till her birthday party to ruin her reality."
"She needs to know sister. And Jason agrees with me. The sooner she knows. The sooner we can go home, she can gain her powers and the sooner we retake our home."
"Don't you think I want to go home! To see my husband, our friends. To have our lives back!! Well I do! But 18 years have past. Do you think it's safe enough for her?"
"Yes. Yes I do" Jason's first words to her today. She knows he wants to go home. They all do.
"Fine I will tell her but only after her birthday party tomorrow."