Unexpected surprise

Sophie POV:

It's been 3 years since I first learned the truth of who I am and I've almost mastered my powers. I learned to hone into one persons mind and several minds. To talk to one animal as to call them to me as well. I've learned why my country isn't on any map or gps(because the first ruler had some power to shield and as long as the royals are alive so is this protective bubble so the speak). Brett has become very good in the army. Even moves up some levels. Tessa has come and few times, fell in love with the island and grew a crush with one of my cousins(btw I learned I had more family!! An aunt who has three children all a few years older or younger) and I've also been learning to take over the kingdom. My dad wants to retire and spend he rest of his days with my mother and I actually love my new job.

I'm sitting in my newly remodeled office signing some papers about children's hospital etc when my dad walks in. "Hey pumpkin are you busy?" I looked up and smiled at his nickname for me. Ever since he found my love of pumpkin pie he's been calling me that. "Of course I'm not. I'm just finishing up come on in dad" "I just wanted to talk to you about something" he continues even thought I don't answer "I plan on retiring a little earlier then we discussed" finally he gets my attention "how much earlier?" "At the end of this year" now I'm standing up "in 4 months?!" He looks shy but then he gets his confidence again "yes in 4 months. Me and your mother are ready and so are you. Well except for one thing.." I just continue to look at him "you need to be married to become the next ruler. I had to and so did your ancestry." My jaw is now on the floor.. (oh did I forget? Me and Brett broke up a year and a half ago. With my job taking all of my time and his job taking over his. It just didn't work so we ended it. He came for me but stayed for his love of his job and country) "I'm not even dating anyone! How am I supposed to marry someone!" I'm screaming now. Apparently so loudly that my mother was summoned to mediate our conversation. "Sweetie calm down, I was arranged with your father and I'm happier for it, you will be fine we'll find someone and you can take your time. We don't have to leave in 4 months.." as she says that I see the sadness in her eyes at losing more time with my father. Finally calmed down I sit down and sigh. "Fine mother and father. I will find a husband in 3 months. But I will need help and I won't just chose anyone" they smile and agree with me then leave.
Now who am I suppose to marry. This is a disaster.

-2 days later
"Mother!" I walked into my mother and fathers room only to find something I do not need to see!! Running out while my father laughs. "Sorry! I'll be in my office come see me please" walking so fast the maids starts to think something is wrong.
.
.
I hear knocking "Come on"
"Hello darling, you wanted to see me?" She walks in blushing. Then I start blushing. Then we start laughing. "Momma I have an idea I want to run by you. I've decided to take a chapter from Cinderella and throw a ball!" I'm so excited for it. I've been to a few balls but none like this. I'll be able to plan it and everything. "That's so great my love! This will be amazing!" She smiling so hard "Do you want to see the invitation??" She nods and I give it to her

You are welcome to come to the royal ball
Princess Sophie is hosting this ball in hopes of finding her husband and future king
Any and everyone is welcome
Any and all willing and eligible males are to be entered to become the next king!

-eligibility:
Must be over the age of 21
Younger then 35
Clean record
Willing to share load with the future queen

"I love it darling! Are you sure you won't have any more requirements?" She says as she reads over the eligibilities. "There's no need I will be asking my own questions and I will decide when I feel the one." I smile as I've decided. She nods and smiles "your father will be very happy and proud of your decision my darling daughter"