Pasta time

Sophie POV:

As I'm leaving Jayden and walking up to the castle walls someone taps me in the shoulder. I'm thinking I left something in the car so I check my bag while turning. When I see nothing missing I look up to see Edward in front of me. It takes my breath away. How when he's so close I can feel electricity and heat and butterflies. "Hi princess, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me. I know I'm not a suitor but I can't stop thinking about you and I thought I should ask." He looks so nervous, it's so cute. Makes me smile every time. "Well you aren't my suitors, but I would love to!" My god I didn't think today would go from awkward to the best day yet. I never expected him to ask me out. Or even talk to me. But he did and I said yes. So I just keep on smiling. "How about I pick you up tomorrow night? Around 8? Wear something nice but casual. No fancy ball gowns" he starts laughing at that. Which made me laugh at the ball we once talked about all of my dresses and the shock of seeing so much lace and fluff on me the first time that I tripped a thousand times. Be remembered. I don't know why it makes me so happy that he did. "8 sounds amazing I'll be ready for our date. Well I do have to go, but I can't wait." As I walk away all I do is smile. I can't get it off my face. Usually I can tone it down but not now. Now I just want to be happy. And I was for a few hours until I saw the time and realized I had another date. And I was running late. I rushed to get dressed in a yellow sundress that when right below my knees.

Leon POV:

I'm so nervous. I don't want to be. But after seeing Amber again, the beauty that I ran into yesterday, I realized that I wanted happiness not the crown. Maybe I can eat dinner with the princess then ask for her permission to date someone else. Although I don't need permission I just can't help but think what she'll think when I ask her that. She deserves at least that. I've finished my preparations for our dinner that I didn't notice the time and see the princess walking in. She did look beautiful but she no longer made me light up with her presence. Amber did. And she seems to always run into me at the best times. "Good afternoon princess, have you had a good day? I hope your ready for the best pasta you've ever eaten." My mother makes the best food. She doesn't have a restaurant or anything but she can cook up a storm when she's in the mood. Thankfully she wanted to impress the princess. "Today we'll be eating shrimp and chicken Alfredo pasta with garlic bread and my favorite chocolate cake. My mother hopes you like her food." When she sees the food I placed for her she just smiles not proper smile but the smile I get when I see food. The food smile. Makes me laugh so much that I forget what I was hoping to tell her today.
After we ate all of our food. There's almost nothing left of the pasta and no garlic bread either. "That was delicious! You were right. Your mother does make the best pasta in the country. It was so delicious it was hard to stop eating it." She wipes her mouth with the napkin then looks up, with my back facing the door I wasn't able to see who came in. But when she walked up my heart started beating faster. "Good even princess, Sir Leon. Princess Sophie. Your mother wanted to see you for a moment." With her words said towards the princess I couldn't help but wonder why she used Sir. I'm no one fancy or important just little ole me. As the princess apologizes and said she will be back. I only watch as Amber tries to leave. "Wait Amber. Don't leave." She was hesitant to stop but she did anyways. "I'm sorry Leon but your the princess suitor the possible king. I can't possibly talk to you or start any kind of relationship." She says it so softly I almost don't hear it. But I did. And I also heard the hurt in her voice and I hate it. I never wanted to hurt her. Not in a million years. "Amber wait," I hurry to grab her hand and turn her towards me. Only to see her crying. I pull her in my arms and hold her and kiss her head. "I know I'm supposed to date the princess but I don't want her. I want you. From the moment we bumped in. To the time I watched you work and the time you laughed at my horrible jokes. I knew you were the one. I came today to tell the princess I wanted to date you. To see how it works out. I only see you." She's looking up at me now. She's still in my arms so we're so close. So close in fact that I could easily kiss her but I have to wait. But I don't want to. She slowly comes closer to me and I knew I couldn't control myself. So I put my hand on her cheek and bend down to her. When her lips touched mine I felt sparks fly. It exploded and I couldn't control myself so I push her body closer to mind while I hold her face. When she pulls away her cheeks are red and her breaths are short. With Amber in my arms I forget the world. Or more importantly I forget to see if the princess has come back. Which she has. She looked shocked but not mad. Or hurt even just shocked. I take hold of Ambers hand and walk towards the princess. "I am so sorry for this Princess but I don't love you. I didn't mean to meet Amber or even to talk to anyone but I knew I couldn't continue this with you. I wish we could remain friends." Amber shyly hides behind me. Scared she would be reprimanded or fired. While I look in her eyes and plead with her to not be too harsh. So when she just laughs, it shocked me. "Leon, Leon, Leon. I am so happy for you! And you as well Amber! This is so exciting!!" She's smiling and clapping and it's so contagious that I smile and bring Amber from behind me. "You aren't mad at me princess? I know he was your suitor. If you had any feelings for him I will walk away." Ambers words hurts, I don't want her to give up. I want her and only her. "No my dear I'm not upset I'm happy. I realized I didn't love Leon either but he does make an amazing friend. I do hope to see you again Leon! I'm so happy for the both of you. As long as your happy I'm happy! Well I came to tell you I have work to do but I see now you won't have a problem with that." I'm forever grateful for meeting Princess Sophie, because of her I met Amber and also because she in her own way blessed our relationship. As she leaves I take Ambers hands and kiss them and bring her forward. "I think we need a proper date. Let's get out of here. I'll take you to my favorite restaurant. You'll love it."