Ball part 1

Sophie POV:
I'm so excited! Tonight is the night! I've invited Tessa and she obviously said yes. She wants to see my cousin again and go to her first ball. "I'm so excited Sophie!! This will be so much fun. Do you think Caden will want to dance with me?" Still crushing on my cousin Caden I see. I'm looking at her royal blue gown. It's a heart shaped at the top, and fitted around the waist and flows to the floor. She's so beautiful I have no doubt he'll want to dance with her. "You look beautiful, I don't doubt it. He might even ask you to stay! Then I'll finally have my best friend here all the time!!" I look in the mirror to see my red gown. With the top being velvety red and the bottom being a slightly see through red but with it being so layers I can't see through it. It's so beautiful. I've put my hair in a braided crown. "You look so beautiful too Sophie. Are you ready to go down?" As she says that my mother, father and Brett walk in. "You both look so beautiful!!" My mother says as she's tearing up. "Your mother is right Sophie. You both look exquisite. Are you both ready? Brett will walk down Tessa and me and your mother will walk you Sophie." Him and Brett holdout their arms for us as he finishes. He smiles and is both and kisses our cheeks. "You both look beautiful" Brett whispered to us both.
As I walk downstairs me and my family get plenty of stares and bows. It's still weird for me but I got used to it. I smile and dip my head every now and then. They open the door for us and announce our arrival. "Now announcing the King Will and Queen Annabelle" they walk in arm in arm while everyone bows for them then claps.
"Now announcing Princess Sophie"
I walk in alone because I technically don't have a date. The inside still wows me every time. The first thing I see is the chandelier, with its three tiers. The bottom having 6 light fixtures then 4 then 3. The light shinning off of the gems at the bottom. Then the large staircase going on the side. Which I'm now walking down. With red velvet cloth down the middle. Then the small stage for the queen and king to sit. They also made another chair for me.

I read the bottom in no time at all. And so many guys are already asking me to dance. Within 2 hours I've tired myself out asking so many questions. Like how is your mother. What's your relationship with your family. What do you do? Why do you want to marry me? Etc it got boring so I decided to step outside for some fresh air.
I see someone in my spot. My. Spot! No one goes in my spot. You see my spot is tiny and you could barely see it if you weren't looking. Once you walk to the balcony you typically just look forward towards the ground. But if you walk to the side far enough there is step that lead to a lead 6 feet higher then the regular balcony. I have enough space for one bench and that's where I wanted to go. I would sit and look at the stars and just take a breather. Guess that isn't happening. I walk up and clear my throat. He looks up as I startled him and he has the most beautiful blue eyes. Reminds me of the sea. Not beach sea but the deep blue sea. His black hair is long enough to reach his ears and his lips are just big enough to have an amazing kiss.. wait why am I thinking that?
"I'm so sorry your highness" he starts to stand up but before I know it I tell him he can sit and stay. "Why don't you keep me company Mr..." I look at him questioning his name. "Wright. It's Edwards Wright" I remember his name. His family has many children. I've talked to most of them. They are quite boring to be truthful. So my first, well second, impression is he might be boring too. "Well Edwards since we are both here. Why not get to know each other" it isn't a question and not a demand. More like a statement that was left open.