Chapter Two: Dear Whoever This Is

School.

Always the worst thing, to start a morning. Sadly, everyone had to put up with it five days a week for ten months. But it's a good thing we had a summer break.

"Alright guys," Mrs. Meyers stands up from her desk, "Today you will start the letter assignment so I will be going to put a small piece of paper with a number on it which will be the number of your drawer, please do not show anyone it is for your eyes only," She explains beginning to hand it out

"Quick question," The same redhead girl asks, "What if our partner sees us putting out the letter in their cabinet?"

"That's thing, you cannot do it during class," Mrs. Meyers explains, "You have to come back to my class and do it at your own time," She smiles walking back to the board, "Now, that you all got your cabinet numbers I will hand out your letter partners cabinet numbers."

The cafeteria.

A place I always avoid. I never ever eat my food in the cafeteria because of the bullying I received. Hoodie or no hoodie, I wasn't taking any risks. I always packed my own lunch and ate it in the library. The librarian liked me so I always volunteered to help her during lunch time as I ate.

When I finished my lunch, I started sorting out the books in the non-fictional section "Oh hey it's you," I hear a familiar voice

"Oh hi!" I greet, it's the kid I saw last week at the library

"Whatcha doing here?" He asks watching me as I sort through the books

"I volunteer to help here during lunch," I explain not looking at him

"How come?" He furrows his eyebrows

I shrug, "I just don't like the cafeteria."

"It's okay, I agree it's too noisy and crowded...By the way, I never got your name."

"I'm Mei," I turn to smile at him

"Cool, I'm Christ," He smirks, "Fun fact about me, my name is spelled with a T at the end so when substitutes say my name they said Christ when it's actually pronounced Chris," He explains chuckling

I nod, "That's actually a unique way to spell it."

"Do you need any help? Since your doing this all alone?" He asks still watching me

I shake my head, "I'm okay, really, but thanks," I say, "I don't want to bother you."

"No, I don't mind actually, I'm pretty bored anyways," He laughs

I look at him and smile, "Then I'd love your help."

Christ and I had finally finished sorting things out in the library and he gave me his number and told me to meet him back at the library tomorrow during lunch again.

When I had gotten home from school, the first thing that I wanted to do was start writing my letter. But the thing was. How was I suppose to start talking to him or her if we couldn't know who the other person was? I felt awkward because I didn't exactly know how I wanted to start this conversation.

Surely we could know the gender. Maybe I'll start there. I took out my favorite black ink round stick black point pen and a piece of lined paper to begin.