Chapter Six: Are Eyes Suppose To Do That?

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that this chapter is going to have a flashback of Mei reading lacrosse anons letter to her and her writing back her letter to him since I forgot to include that scene in the last chapter. The flashback will take place back at Macie's house because that's where Mei was doing her homework.

The moment that I entered into Isabel's house (Macie's cousin), well, technically her backyard, Isabel's older brother Mateo, who was fifteen immediately came rushing to me.

"Hi, Macie," Mateo told her but kept staring at me, "Hey Mei," He let out a breath in awe, Mateo had a huge crush on me ever since I met him at my brother's wedding

I smile awkwardly, "Hi," I chuckle, "I'm thirsty, I think I'm going to get a water bottle, do you want anything?" I ask Macie

She nods, "I'll get the same."

"I'll go get it!" Mateo announces rushing away, "Here you go," He arrives with my water bottle

"Thank you," I said genuinely taking a sip of my drink

"Anything for you," Mateo tells me with a huge smile

"Um, what about my drink...?" Macie's questions furrowing her eyebrows

Mateo waves a hand, "You can go get it yourself."

"Mateo!" A female voice calls

"Oh no," He whispers, "It's Emma, help me," Mateo says to me

Emma was a girl who was Mateo's age and had a huge crush on him. She came because Isabel loves her and loved when Emma came over to their house. I liked Emma she was a sweet girl, but Mateo keeps rejecting her because he says she's too clingy and obsessed with him and was focused on his 'relationship' with me.

I push Mateo forward to her making them both crash into each other. I grinned, yup, I'm definitely shipping them. As soon as Emma realized it was him she started smiling happily and Mateo only gave her an awkward smile. Ugh, boys. He'll realize his feelings for her soon enough.

As the party continued, when we finally had the cake which let me tell you was delicious. I received a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey, it's Felix, Christ gave me your number. Can you meet us at Starbucks tonight?

Me: Hey, sorry I can't, rain check?

Felix: Definitely.

When I got home that night I jumped on my bed and sighed, then I started to remember the letter that lacrosse anon gave me and what he had said in it.

Flashback:

Macie chuckles, "Okay, sure, whatever you say."

I rolled my eyes taking out lacrosse anon's new letter to me.

I guess that is true. And I'm sorry to hear that, people can be jerks sometimes. And do you really have to hide behind a hoodie? Why don't the people in our school like you? I mean, I don't know who you are yet, but you seem like a cool person to hang out with.