Chapter Forty-Eight: Meet You

Unfortunately, school was the same again once we went back to the next day.

Kids laughing, pointing making fun of me. The bullying never stopped. Lots of students were telling me how nice it was to have me gone for a whole week.

And trust me I enjoyed being away from all of them too, except I actually wasn't away from some of them considering most of the students were on the trip with me.

Throughout the school day, I couldn't help but notice the Adrian, there looked like there was something wrong with him. But he didn't talk much to anyone during the school today and I wondered why.

I thought about stopping by his house later to check on him but I didn't have his address. So I decided I would just call him later today.

After school through I went straight to Macie's house first so she could give me updates on her grandma. Plus it's been a while since I've seen her and I missed my best friend, we had fun when we hung out.

But after I left, I kept thinking about lacrosse anon. I knew he wasn't ready to meet. But why? What was keeping him from our meeting? What was he so afraid? All knew was that I was for sure ready to meet him, and I had been waiting way too long.

Me: I know you said you weren't ready last time but I'm going to ask one more time in case you changed your mind. Are you ready to finally meet? I don't want to rush you, but I'm dying to finally find out who you are.

Lacrosse Anon: I know you are, and I'm sorry for making you wait so long. But don't worry, you won't have to wait for much longer. I'm ready to finally meet you, and I'm positive. How's next Tuesday evening?

Me: Good for me. I'm excited to finally see you:)

Lacrosse Anon: Me too. See you then.

I smiled to myself. Excited to finally be able to meet Lacrosse Anon in person after so many months of only communicating through text.

When I got home, I did some homework before calling Adrian like I wanted to. I wanted to see how he was doing and make sure that he's okay since he didn't go to school today.

"Hello?" Adrian said

"Hey! How are you doing? Are you okay? I just wanted to check up on you since you didn't go to school today," I told him

"I just didn't feel good, but don't worry I'm fine now," Adrian responded

"Are you sure?" I asked

"Yeah I'm sure, don't worry. How are you doing?" Adrian asked me

"I'm doing okay, I was just at Macie's house earlier today. It was good to see her after so long," I answered chuckling

"I'm sure it was, hey would you mind if I came over your house this weekend? I just need to talk to someone," Adrian said in a quiet voice

"Of course you can, you know you can always come and talk to me if ever need to," I told him honestly

"I'm glad. Anyways I have to go, but I'll see you at school tomorrow," Adrian said before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

The rest of the school week was the same old as usual, I just couldn't wait for Adrian to come over my house today so we could talk. I also couldn't wait to finally meet lacrosse anon, I was super excited to finally see him in person. Even tho I technically already have since he's in my class, I was still excited to find out who he was.

Especially since lacrosse anon has become important to me, he had become someone I could confide in and talk to when I needed someone to vent to. He had become a very good friend of mine.

After school ended I headed over straight to work which actually wasn't that far away from the school nor my house and within walking distance thankfully.

Christ stopped by my job with Mike, they both stopped by to order something and to come see me. The three of us decided to make plans to hang out next weekend since it's been awhile that the three of all hung out.

After work, Adrian offered to pick me up and drive me home since we made plans to hang out at my place anyways.

During the car ride on the way to my house I could something was wrong, Adrian didn't look well. I didn't know exactly what it was and I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could tell something was bothering him and that he was upset about something.

"Adrian are you okay?" I finally spoke up and asked him

Adrian quickly glanced at me and gave me a small smile, "Yeah I'm fine, why you are asking?" Adrian asked me

"I was just wondering, you don't look too well," I responded, "Is something bothering you? You know you can talk to me, if there's something bothering you or anything on your mind."

"Don't worry about it Mei, I'm okay," Adrian said trying to reassure me, but I knew he wasn't okay and I just wanted him to talk to me

If he didn't want to I completely understood and didn't want to pressure to him to talk. I just wanted him to know he didn't have to keep everything to himself.

"If you say so," I told him, "Just know I'm always here to talk if you need someone," I said to him

When we arrived at my house, we worked on some homework together for a while before taking a break to watch a movie together.

As I was making a snack for us, I looked over and saw Adrian taking off his zip up hoodie. While he was putting it in his bag I notice he has a lot of bruises on his arm. Both of his arms.

My eyebrows knitted close together in concern, "Adrian why do you have so many bruises on your arm?" I asked him curiously

"I just...hurt myself, it's not a big deal," Adrian said without even looking at me

I didn't believe him.

It was definitely a big deal.

"But this isn't the first time, I'm always seeing you covered in bruises and you always tell me that you just hurt self and that's it's 'not a big deal', I don't want to pressure you to see talk if you don't feel comfortable," I said walking over to him, "I'm getting kind of concern and worried for you, is something going on? Is something wrong?" I asked him hoping he would answer honestly

Adrian didn't respond for a few minutes before looking over at me, "Yes something is wrong," Adrian said with a worried and scared look on his face