Americano

You lazily roll off your bed and hit the alarm placed on the table next to the bed. 

6:45 a.m, time for hell, you thought to yourself. As much as you love Velvet cafe, you would rather be sleeping in on a Saturday morning. People in Greece are early risers, apparently. Which is great for you because you study at night at the local hospital. 

You fix yourself up quickly in the bathroom; tying your hair up in a bun, putting on blush, and finally settling into your uniform. A simple white blouse and a black pencil shirt that goes to your knee. The late July heat could kill, so you're glad your boss allows their female employees to wear skirts. 

You work at a little coffee and tea shop that's owned by one of the locals, so it's a friendly environment. Located in the heart of Thessaloniki, you guys get a lot of tourists, which meant a lot of business. On your breaks, you would walk on the port, longing for your home back in Busan. Your abroad program was only for one year, but you will definitely come back one day. 

It was 7:30 when you arrived at the shop, which is a 15 minute walk from your apartment. The sun was on the verge of exploding behind some mountains. The air was cool. It'll be just you for awhile, but you didn't mind. The boss lets you play your music while setting up, and if customers don't notice, you can continue your kpop playlist.

 You plug your phone into the speaker system and hit shuffle. Playing with Fire by Blackpink comes on, you start humming along as you set up the chairs. The chorus came on and you immediately started dancing. 

"My love is on fire, ooh. Now burn, baby, burn." you sang as you tried your best to follow the choreography. You didn't even notice when the door opened, revealing a tall figure. He had on a black cap with a mask across his face. He was wearing a denim jacket and matching color jeans. You also noticed his black converse. Normally it would look tacky, but he makes it look good. He caught your stare and you immediately went behind the counter, turning off the music.

"You don't have to turn it off, I like Blackpink too." he spoke. His voice was muffled by the mask, but it was a pleasing pitch. Although his English was good, you could tell it's not his first language because that's what you sound like.

"Oh, me too. But you could probably already guess that." you said quietly, too embarrassed to look at him.

"You dance well, better than me." he chuckled. You were surprised by that sentence and looked up at him. His eyes were dark brown and small. You couldn't see his smile because the mask covered it. What a shame.

"Oh thank you, I used to dance, a long time ago." After a moment of awkward silence, you continue, "What would you like to today?"

"An ice Americano, please." he said.

"Of course." You tap his order into the computer and swiped his card. Kim Namjoon, the name appeared on the screen. You lightly chuckle to yourself, if only you could meet BTS.

"What's so funny?' he asked. 

"Oh sorry, your name, it reminds me of BTS. I would die if I met them." you said.

"Are you an ARMY?"

"Of course I am. I've been following them since they debuted. So like since I was 16, I'm 21 now." you answer, pressing the expresso holder into place and pressing the button. The liquid dripped into the cup of ice you prepared. "Are you?" you ask as you handed him his drink.

"Thank you. We're the same age, actually. And I guess you could say that. I'm a fan of ARMY." he said.

"Oh. Okay." He's a little strange but there's something comforting about him. Like you could talk to him for hours without being bored.

"Well I better get going now. My family are going to the beach." 

"I recommend the south side, it's more quiet and gives you time to think." you suggested, but regrets it because it seemed like you were intruding. He gave you a nod before heading towards the door. You cleaned the espresso machine and heard the door open again, it was him.

"I realized I didn't ask for your name." he said breathlessly, indicating that he ran back.

"I-it's (Y/N)." you stuttered.

"Thank you, Y/N." His voice sent butterflies to your stomach. Your aunt has been nagging at you to find a suitable boyfriend, but you're too focused on your studies to even go out to parties. He nodded again and ran out the door. You were disappointed that he didn't say anything further. Hopefully you can see him again. 

The day went by quickly. Your shift ended at 4 and you had to go to the hospital afterwards. You work as an intern at the main hospital as part of your abroad program. You love every bit of it because you get to interact with children everyday. Hopefully you'll be able to find a job back home. 

It was 10 at night when you got back home. You immediately jumped into bed. The mattress adjusted to the weight of your body. You felt physically tired but your mind was still on him, Kim Namjoon. You wonder what he really looks like.