Lavender

Sunday was a real day off, no work, no hospital, maybe a little bit of studying, and definitely a lot of k-drama. Goblin should be on today. Gosh, where can I find a guy like Gong Yoo? You sighed as you turned off the TV. It's now 1 pm. You decided to go to the flower shop down the street, you could use a new plant for your patio.

You wore a simple yellow dress and braided your hair, which took forever because your hair is short, a little ways down your shoulder. The heat hit your face as soon as you stepped outside. Yet the streets were still crowded with people. You walked towards the shop, headphones in, Autumn Leaves was playing. Hoseok's part always kills you.

"Good morning Y/N." A voice from behind the table said.

"It's afternoon, Edward." you tease back to the cute owner. He's in his early 20's and decided at 18 that he wanted to open a flower shop. It suits him.

"What will it be today?" he asked, leaning towards me on the counter.

"I'm not sure yet. Let me look around." you stroll through some small vases with cute little flowers, some roses, tulips, carnations, my favorite. You studied the flowers carefully and didn't realized that you bumped into something, or someone actually.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking." you said, bowing my head constantly.

"Oh no, I wasn't paying attention." you recognize that voice, it hasn't escaped your mind since yesterday.

"Namjoon?" you asked, finally looking up. He was wearing the same cap and mask, but now he has some shorts and a tank top on. What an odd look. He seemed surprised to see me, evident by his wide eyes.

"Y/N! What a nice surprise. What are you doing here?' he asked.

"Oh I wanted some new flowers for my patio. What about you?"

"I'm buying a present for my mom, it's her birthday in a couple of days." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. How cute. Wait, did I just think that?

"That's so sweet, I'm sure she'll love anything from you. But roses are a classic."

"Thank you." He picked up a small vase with little pink roses and headed to the counter. You made your way to a lavender pot and carefully picked one. When you went up to the counter, Namjoon was gone. You sigh out of disappointment. You paid for the lavender and said bye to Edward. A pair of hands yanked you to the side as you exited. You yelped out of surprised.

"It's me, sorry." Namjoon whispered.

"What happened? Are you okay?" you asked instantly. He laughed.

"Y/N, you could have been kidnapped and you're asking if I'm okay?"

"I'm nice, that's my vice. But what's going on?"

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to my mom's birthday party, it's this Tuesday."

"First, why are we whispering? And two, are you sure? I don't want to intrude."

"I saw how the owner looked at you, he didn't seem happy that I was talking to you. And of course, my mom loves company. And you've helped me a lot so far." he sounded genuine and you couldn't resist his crescent eyes. You agreed and he said he'll meet you at the coffee shop after work Tuesday.

"Wait, how will I know it's you? Will you be wearing a mask?" He shook his head.

"You'll know, trust me."

That night, you slept well, remembering his face, at least what you could see. You wonder why he always wears a mask.

***

Your alarm has been ringing for ages. You hated Mondays, work and work. You quickly got dressed and headed to the shop. You went on with your normal routine, while looking out the door every now and then, hoping Namjoon would come by. But he never did.

Around noon, it started getting busy. Customers filing in and out. You were dying. You weren't able to catch a break before you felt a strong aura in front of you. You looked up and saw Namjoon.

As in Kim Namjoon from BTS.

"Holy shit." you said aloud. His hair was gelled back, revealing his precious forehead. He was wearing a plain white tshirt and black jeans. He makes this weather extra hot. You couldn't stop staring at him.

"Can I order?" he asked, sounding annoyed. He must think you're a crazy fan. FML.

"Y-yes, of course. What would you like?"

"Iced Americano. Take it to my table when you're done." he handed you his card, which strangely looks like the one the other Namjoon had. You couldn't wait to tell him you met RM today. But he seems kind of rude.

"Coming right up." You felt his stare as you prepared his drink. He sat by the windows, overlooking the port. You quickly made his drink and delivered it to his table.

"I don't like it. Make me something else." he said as you turned away. You blinked at him before proceeding.

"May I ask what's wrong with this?" you asked, sounding as pleasant as you can be.

"Nothing, I just want something else." he shrugged, turning to the laptop he had brought. You returned to the workstation, concentrating on what to make. You brought out a latte, rejected. A mocha, rejected. Chai latte, rejected. You're going crazy at this point. How could he be so sweet on TV yet acts like an arrogant asshole in real life. 

There was only one more option, your Rose Latte that everyone loves. Surely he will too. You're shaking as you bring out the cup to him. He's observing your every movement but you keep your composure.

"Alright, I hope you like this one. " He took a small sip and nodded his head. You let out a sigh of relief. You returned behind the counter and assisted other customer. He stayed there until 3. He left the mug in the table and left, not even a thank you. You mentally cursed at him. This is why your bias is Jimin.