Innocent

You woke up to the sound of machines beeping and to the smell of sanitary supplies, something you're familiar with. You're in the hospital, this time, as a patience. You slowly opened your eyes to the bright lamp light and looked around at your surrounding. 

It was dark outside. The clock read 11:43 pm. Laying on the couch was Jimin, his newly dyed black hair fell to his eyes. The color suits him. It's one of the reason he became your bias in the first place. You stirred from your bed, but in the process it woke him up.

"Y/N, you're finally awake!" he rushed over to your bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"No, no, it's okay. I was worried sick. You've been asleep for 12 hours."

"That's the most sleep I've gotten in this past week." you laughed. He didn't seemed amused, instead angry. Your laughter died down.

"Y/N, I'm really worried about you. You need to take care of yourself." he said in a serious voice. He seemed tired, he's still wearing the same clothes. He didn't go home at all, he's been here this whole time.

"Thank you Jimin. For everything." You took his hand and squeezed it. "What happened to me anyways?"

"The doctor didn't tell me because I'm not family member. I tried to tell her you're my... sister-in-law but she didn't buy it. I was crying too hard for that to be true." You can picture that perfectly. Jimin is an emotional guy, another reason why he became your bias. Namjoon got mad that you didn't change your bias to him. Namjoon.

"Aww, poor baby. I'm sorry for making you worried." you squeezed his cheeks, something he hated.

"I'll call the doctor now." You nodded. He returned with the other head doctor, Dr. Kang.

"Y/N, I never expected to see you in here." she teased

"Seulgi, I'm only human." you laughed. Seulgi is practically your best friend at work, and you started hanging out a lot after work too. "This is my friend, Jimin."

"Yes, we met while you were out. He's cuter in person." Jimin blushed while turning away from us. You both laughed.

"Anyways, what's wrong with me?" Seulgi fell silence, as if hesitating to tell you something. "Seul, tell me."

"Maybe Jimin -ssi should leave for this."

"No, it's okay. He's my family." Seulgi sighed and took out the clipboard she's been holding behind her back.

"Y/N, your body showed signs of deterioration. Probably from the lack of eating and sleep, as Jimin-ssi mentioned to me. And with all the stress that you're going through... "

"Seulgi, spit it out." you demanded, feeling terrified.

"You had a miscarriage, Y/N." The world around you fell silent. Your shoulders dropped. Jimin's eyes widened as he rushed to your side, pulling you in for a hug but you remained frozen. Seulgi tried saying something, like how it won't affect future pregnancy, but you didn't hear anything. 

Then everything hits you. You couldn't stop the tears, you curled into a ball on the bed. Jimin still wrapped his arms around you, telling you that it'll be okay.

It's not okay, you thought. You killed an innocent being. You had hurt someone else because you were too selfish to take care of yourself. You killed your child. How could I ever face Namjoon again? He'll hate me for sure. You thought to yourself.

"Y/N, please don't blame yourself. What you need now is rest. I'll come back tomorrow to check up on you." Seulgi said, bowing to Jimin before heading out the door.