Crabs

"Joonie, why are you crying?!" you shot your eyes opened when you heard his little sniffles. As usual, he had an arm under your head and the other was scrolling through his phone. He has a habit of waking up early, but he doesn't want to wake you up so he ended up playing on his phone instead. 

You looked up at the love of your life, the light from his phone made his cheeks glittered, you could tell he had been crying. HIs head was lying on yours, heavy but you didn't mind. You looked at the time on the ipad, 5:03. Luckily, since you're no longer a head doctor, you don't have to go to work as early.

He adjusted his body, now sitting up. You sat up and laid your head on his shoulder, trying to look at his phone. "Namjoon, baby, what happened?" you asked, wiping his cute little cheeks. His eyes were closed but continued crying, he turned to give you a hug.

"The world is so cruel." he said quietly.

"What happened? Please tell me." you said, holding him like a baby.

"They're going to hurt my family." You began to panic, wondering if something happened to his family or his members.

"What? Who? What are they doing? Do we need to call the police?"

"Nothing can be done. Evil cannot be stopped."

"Namjoon, you are scaring me. What is happening to your family?"

"They're going to make plastic out of crab shells!" he wailed out. He pulled away from you, and jumped back on the bed, like a child. You were in awe, you really don't know how to handle this kind of situation. You understood exactly why he's upset, he loves sea creatures like his own family. He must be heartbroken. You took his phone, unlocking it with your anniversary as the password and read the article.

It said that researchers have develop a potential replacement for plastic packaging film with the materials found in crab shells. You sigh, placing the phone on the nightstand. You patted his back, his face turning away from you.

"Joonie, I'm sorry." he said nothing. You thought carefully about how you should comfort him. "Well they didn't say that they were going to kill crabs for the purpose of using their shells." He moved his back further from your hands, you must have said the wrong thing. "Namjoonie, look at it this way. People, very bad people, eat crabs. And they throw the shells away. Scientists will just take those shells for their research. And also, in a way, the crabs are contributing to making a healthier planet." His head perked up and he turned to look at you, half of his face still underneath the blanket.

"Really?" he asked softly.

"Yes really." you giggled, "they are reducing plastic waste, which is good for the environment. Joonie-ah, your family is helping the planet live longer."

"That's amazing."

"Yes, it is baby." you said, petting his head.

"Crabs are amazing." He slowly closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep. You smiled at how cute he looks, his Ryan pajamas and his little nose sticking out from the blanket. You decided to take a picture of him, and saved it as your new wallpaper. Then you cuddled next to him and fell asleep.

***

It was 9 in the morning when you got back home from the store. You quietly tiptoed into the your bedroom, Namjoon was still asleep, cuddling with the pillow because you weren't there. His tears were dried and you kissed his cheeks lightly, trying to wake him up. He grunted a little before opening his eyes.

"Good morning, sleepy head."

"Good morning, beautiful. Why are you up so early?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.