The Idol

Three years later

Namjoon and you moved in with each other in the apartment complex he bought for you guys. The members visited regularly, like their second home. There's a studio, specially built for him, and a library, for you. It has a nice view of the city, and a little garden in the back where you spent most of your time off. 

Joonie has been busy, preparing for their 5th full album. In the few years that you guys have been together, BTS has achieved worldwide recognitions. From their performances and victories at the BBMAs and their recent Grammy nomination, they're extremely busy. As for you, you've been promoted to head doctor at my hospital. You could be called in at any time. Namjoon and you managed to get the same day off, but lately, he's been in his studio from dusk to dawn. You'll always support him, you reminded yourself.

You woke up at 5, time for your shift. The space next to you was empty. It had been this way for a month now. Since the preparation, Namjoon began sleeping in his office. He bought a couch recently so he wouldn't have to sleep in the floor. 

You quietly stepped down the hallway and entered his studio, he was asleep on the couch, holding one of his Ryan flushies. You pulled his blanket up, left a note and went to work. Tonight, you guys were supposed to meet your aunt for dinner. She was hesitant about you dating an idol, she said there would be a lot of complications. Which was true. At the beginning of your relationship, you received plenty of hate from some saesangs. They even stalked you at work, you almost got fired because of it. But eventually they left you alone because Namjoon spoke up numerous times. You're grateful for that. 

Jungkook and Lisa have been together for a year and a half, and Jin and Jisoo are close to 2 years. The public doesn't know though, because YG refuses to let them be happy. So they had to continue everything in secret. You girls hang out whenever possible. Imagine being a Blink and practically being sisters with your favorite idols.

The day went by fast, Namjoon usually sends you texts throughout the day to inform you he hasn't burned down the house yet. But nothing today, it's been getting less and less everyday. You can't complain, he sacrificed a lot for you. 

It was lunchtime and you tried calling him, he didn't pick up. You guess he's still asleep, it is only noon after all. You were scrolling through Naver, the same old things. Celebrities breakups, hookups, debuts. 

Then you stopped at one.

RM of BTS rumored to be having an affair

You spat out your lunch, gulping water to help. This is honestly the first you're hearing about this. You know idols get mix up in scandals, but never him, nor anyone in the group.

"Y/N, are you okay?" You turned around and saw Jimin. Jimin and you became sort of best friends after Namjoon and you went public. He did tell you that he had a bit of a crush on you but respects Namjoon enough to let you go. But he did threatened his leader that if he'd ever hurt you, Jimin will beat him up. You all made fun of the little mochi.

"Oh Jimin, yeah, I'm okay." you said, trying to sound as calm as you can.

"C'mon, I know you. What's wrong?" you handed him the phone and he was shocked by it too. "You know hyung, he would never do that to you."

"I know, but I don't know anymore, I rarely see him and we live together."

"He's a hard-worker, this comeback is important." he said, his voice feels like it's hiding something.

"I know. I won't complain."

"No, you're allowed to complain, but also try to understand him."

"I hate when you're right. But what are you doing here?"

"Bringing you your regular milk tea, it's Monday, remember?" Right, Monday is your boba day. You continued chatting about your lives.

You got home at 5, feeling exhausted. You snuck a glanced at the kitchen table, where you had prepared lunch for him. It was untouched. You walked to his studio and knocked.

"Come in" he said.

"Hey, you didn't eat lunch?"

"No, I've been in here all day. I have to prepare something to the meeting today."

"Today?" your anger rises. He kept his back to you, unable to see your glare.

"Yeah, the meeting is at 6."

"Did you forget we're having dinner with my aunt at 6?" you asked, he finally turned around to look at you.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot. Y/N, I'm so sorry. But this meeting is important for me."

"Right, everything is important to you except me." you whispered, tears rolling down your face but you wiped them before he could notice. "Have fun then." You walked out the door, hoping he would follow, but his door remain closed. You quickly got ready in your guy's room, our room, you laughed to yourself.

After getting ready, you walked into his room again, to say that you were going. He replied with an "okay", never facing you. Not even an "I love you." That phrase has been heard and spoken less and less in this apartment. You quickly left before the tears could come out.

Your aunt was already at the restaurant when you arrived. She wore a simple tight dress, matching the July weather. She certainly looks like a CEO. Your mother's family owned the hospital chain you worked at, but you withheld that information in your interview. You wanted to make it on your own talent.

 After your parents passed, your aunt took over because you were too young. She didn't have any kids and naturally, you became her child. You love her with all your heart.

"Hi Aunty."

"Hello sweetheart," she said, kissing your cheeks, "Where is the idol?"

"Aunty, he has a name. Namjoon has an important meeting today so he couldn't make it. But he sends his regards." you lied.

"I can't believe that guy. In the 3 years you've been together, not once has he properly introduced himself to me." she slammed her hand on the table, shaking the glasswares. She has never approved of your relationship since the beginning. She feared for your safety above everything else. The death threats didn't help the situation but she seemed a bit more lenient when BigHit made an official statement regarding your protection.

"Aunty, he's a good guy."

"Y/N, eventually you'll take over the company. I need you to have a suitable partner." You sighed. She's right. Although you won't take over anytime soon, you still needed someone who you could lean on.

"I know, Aunty. Let's just eat now." She complied. You're thankful that she understands the nature of your relationship. You know she cares about you, that's all.