Darling

You waited for him outside the gate, you can see your breath. Snow falling down like confetti. You reached out to hold them before they melted. You were supposed to meet Namjoon at 6, but it's 7 now and he's still not here. You tried calling him but he hasn't picked up. You thought he was still driving so you didn't mind waiting. You were about to call the boys when you saw a figure approaching. Your face lit up.

"Namjoon-ssi! You're here." you exclaimed, running to him. "Oh my gosh, why aren't you wearing a coat? It's freezing out." You quickly took off your scarf and put it on him. He wore a blank expression and didn't move. You moved back to look at him. "Are you okay?"

"Who are you?" he asked quietly.

"Pardon?"

"I said who are you?!" he said, his voice a louder now. People around us gave us weird glances.

"Namjoon-ssi, what are you talking about? I'm Y/N, your friend."

"No you are not. I have no idea who you are! But for some reason, I quit my group because of you! Tell me who the hell are you to made me do something as crazy as that!" He held his head, you rushed to him. "Please, tell me who you are. You must be important to me. Why are you keeping it a secret?"

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know how to tell you."

"I'm so tired of being kept in the dark. Tell me exactly what you are to me."

"It's complicated."

"Tell me, please." his voice was breaking. He looked right at you, his eyes filled with pity.

"I'm your girlfriend. Or at least I was, I think." you answered, trying to make sense of what you're saying.

"What do you mean you think?"

"We were dating. But I left you for a year, and when I came back, you got into the accident." You looked at him as you answered. His eyebrows were raised.

"Did you love me?" was all that he asked.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I loved you."

"But you left."

"Yes, well there was a situation and I made the choice of leaving because I thought that would be best for you."

"That's stupid." he said coldly.

"And that's what you told me when we saw each other again."

"So we met while you were away?"

"It wasn't on purpose. But yes."

"But you didn't go back to Korea with me, right? Because you don't know if we're together now or not. Don't you love me?"

"Namjoon, I'll never stop loving you."

"That doesn't make any sense then. You say you love me but you would leave me the next minute? I don't know what to believe anymore. I thought I could trust you. It looks like I made a mistake." That broke your heart, never in your life would you hear that you were a mistake to anyone, especially to him. Tears were rolling down your cheeks but you quickly wipes them away. He was holding his head, like it was hurting. You moved closer to him, reaching your hand out to touch his face.

"Don't touch me!" he said, slapping your hand away. You were shocked. You couldn't hold back the tears this time. He slowly backed up and ran away, leaving you behind. You knelt down, trying to gather your thoughts. 

You had messed up, since the beginning. Now he hates you and really doesn't want to remember you. You didn't know how to live without him, like truly without him now. But you quickly got back to reality, you needed to make sure that he was okay. You started running in his direction. It was dark, the sidewalk was slippery. Just then, your phone rang.

"Y/N, Namjoon found out about him withdrawing from the band." Jimin's voice said on the line.

"Yeah, I know He just confronted me. But he ran away after that. I'm trying to look for him but I think he might have drove home."

"He didn't take his car though."

"What?"

"His keys are right here. I think he walked there."

"What? You mean he walked 3 miles from the dorm to here!? Without a coat!" You hung up the phone, an uneasy feeling creeping up on you. You ran faster now, pushing past a couple of people. Just as you turned the corner, you slipped on some ice. Falling to the front, you landed on your right knee, you can feel that it was scraped, your palms were bleeding. But you got up again and started running. You called out his name, and stopped a couple of times to ask shop owners if they had seen him. They all answered no.

With a heavy heart you kept running. You decided to cross the street. Without thinking, you stepped out onto the street. Lights flashing by and you began to feel dizzy. Just then, you heard a honk, you turned your head towards to noise but you were blinded by the lights. It was coming right at you but you couldn't move. 

When you realized what was happening, you feared that it was too late. The car was going to hit you. You shut your eyes, waiting for the car impact but instead, you felt another body slamming into yours and pushing you to the side. You shot open your eyes, and saw the figure on the ground.

"Namjoon-ssi!" you yelled out, shaking his unconscious body. "Please wake up, please!" He was still breathing, which was a relief. You lifted his head for the blood to flow correctly. His eyes fluttered open and he groaned as his hand went to hold his head.

"I must have hit my head pretty hard." he said laughing a little.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" you took out a little flashlight from your bag and hold it up to his eyes.

"Y/N, calm down, I'm fine." He stood up, but still sitting on the ground.

"How could you be fine? You just slammed yourself to the ground!"

"And you could have died if I didn't, I think we're even now."

"What kind of logic is that?"

"Mine. But please, darling, you have to be more careful next time, okay?"

"Yes, I'm sorry-wait." You looked at him, eyes widened, you tilted your head a little out of confusion. "Namjoon-ssi, what did you just call me?"

"Darling." he answered calmly, smiling at you.

"What-" Before you finished your question, you felt his lips on yours. There was familiarity in the kiss, it had love and desire. A yearning for something that was once lost. You haven't felt this in so long and your lips melted into his. But you pushed him back.

"Wait, wait, Namjoon-ssi, what's happening?"

"Baby girl, why are you still calling me that? I thought I told you to call me Joon, or Joonie, or baby, or love, or clumsy-head..."

"Or pabo!" you finished his sentence. "But how did you remember...." you trailed off when you realized that the impact of him hitting his head must have triggered his brain to released to the memories.

"Why are you crying, darling?" he said, wiping your tears.

"Because I was so worried about you! You ran away. And I'm so happy that you remember." you wailed out. He pulled you in for a hug.

"I'm sorry love. It was just overwhelming. And yes, I do remember, everything. I'll never leave you again. And you better not leave me."

"I wouldn't dream of it. Never again." you smiled at him, you moved closer to him, your forehead touching his. Your heart was beating out of your chest, you were thankful that everything is okay.

"Can we get off the floor now? I think we both need to go to the hospital" he said, breaking you from your thoughts. You looks at him, he had some scrapes from the fall, and so did you from slipping earlier. You nodded and stood up. "Thank god, my butt is freezing."