Epilogue

Sir, your wife didn't make it. But we saved your child.

"No!" Namjoon yelled. It was just a nightmare. He was in his bedroom. The baby is now crying in her crib. He turned to the side, his hand searching for something on the other side of the bed, but it was empty. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. The memories of that day still haunts him. 

With a heavy heart, he got on his feet and started walking to the nursery. It's been a few months since Hwayoung was born. Because of her, he was able to experience so many new things, like changing diapers, changing her clothes, and feeding her milk, though it's similar to feeding the maknae line. All kids love airplanes.

Slowly he pushed the door open, letting the soft night light hit his eyes. Hwayoung was crying, it broke Namjoon's heart to see her like that. But he smiled at the figure holding his baby girl. His wife's petite body was cradling the small baby, bouncing a little to calm her down. After singing a few lullabies and Jimin's Serendipity, Hwayoung fell asleep. The figure smiled and put the sleeping baby back in her crib.

"Oh, you scared me." you said, almost whispering because you didn't want to wake her up again. "Did she wake you up?"

"Yeah, but I'm glad she did. I was able to see you like that." he said, pulling you in for a hug. "You always do this alone, it must be tiring."

"It is, but it's so worth it."

"You are an amazing wife and mother."

"I know." you said, pulling away from him and taking him back into the bedroom. The way back, Namjoon thought back to the moment where he almost lost you. You were losing a lot of blood and were on the verge of death. The doctor said he could only save one at that point, he Namjoon begged for him to save you. 

It took hours but a miracle happened, the two of you made it out alive. But you fell unconscious after giving birth, they moved you to the ICU immediately. You didn't wake up until the next day. Namjoon felt like dying without you. Even with his new daughter, he felt empty without you, he needed you.

"Y/N." he said as you two laid back on your bed.

"Namjoon."

"You're so beautiful, did you know that?"

"Well you do tell me that 100000 times a day, so yes." you giggled.

"You don't have to dress up, or even try. You're just naturally beautiful. And when you take care of Hwayoung, you look even more radiating."

"Yes, when I'm covered in food and vomit, I'm sure."

"I'm serious, it's your best look. I love you so much." he pulled you in with his arms.

"I love you so much too."

"I'm so thankful for you, everything you do. You have given me everything that I've ever wanted in life. And you don't ask for anything in return. I'm so lucky."

"Joonie, you gave me your love, and that was all that I've ever wanted." you said, bopping his little nose.

"Stay with me, okay? Forever."

"Forever, I promise." You nuzzled into his chest, eyes shutting. Your life together isn't all smiles and laughter, but you try your best to make it that way. There are still fights and childish bickering, but you have promised to never go to sleep unhappy. You couldn't have asked for a better partner to go through this love maze with.

Then you heard crying, Hwayoung is up again.