Aunty

*Namjoon*

Two days later, I bid my parents goodbye before heading to Song Hospital Headquarter in Seoul. It should have occured to me, considering Y/N's last name. I adjusted my mask and walked to the receptionist.

"What can I do for you today sir?" She asked, giving me a lazy smile.

"I would like to speak to the Madame CEO, please."

"Certainly, do you have an appointment with her?" I mentally cursed to myself for forgetting to set up an appointment, maybe she was right about me being unreliable.

"I'm sorry, but no. My name is Kim Namjoon, and she knows of me. Please, let her know I am here."

"Oh, you're-." She broke off before picking up the phone and dialing some numbers. She kept her eyes on me, to make sure I was who she thought I was. "Madame, Mr. Kim Namjoon is here to see you."

"Send him in." her voice boomed on the other line. I gulped as the receptionist showed me into her office. The walls were a dark brown, barely illuminated by the single window that stood behind her. She sat at her desk, chin resting on her hands.

"Dr. Song, it is nice to see you again." I bowed to her.

"I'm afraid I can't say the same." Her voice was cold, unfaltering. "Why have you come today?"

"Ma'am, please allow me to show you that I can make Y/N happy. I realize that me being an idol puts Y/N at a risk but I swore I will protect her with my life. Please give me your blessing." I shyly looked up at her, she remain motionless. She said nothing.

I could see the grey hair decorating her head, years of wisdom she must hold. I quickly looked back down at my hands, fingers fidgeting with each other.

"Do you know what happened to my niece the other day?"

"Yes, ma'am, my members have informed me."

"And yet, here you are, in my office, and not by her side." Strike one.

"Yes, ma'am. I am aware that I should have been there for her but I feel that it is important for me to get your approvals. I'm sure Y/N would want the same thing."

"I see. Well, Mr. Kim, please tell me why exactly do you want to marry Y/N." She leaned forward in her seat, anticipating my response. There were so many reasons of why I wanted to marry her. I thought about the way she was so strong headed about doing things her way. Or how she would cry when watching Train to busan. Or the way she slurps her pasta and makes a mess. Or when she stayed up late studying for her evaluation. Or how she sang her heart out to DDU DU DDU DU when Blackpink had their comeback. She rapped Lisa's part very well.

"Ma'am, I could spend all day telling you why I want to marry her. But to give you the simplest answer: she completes me. I know that sounds selfish and cheesy and all, but it is the complete truth. Since I was young, I have dived into things in hopes of finding my passion. I studied from dusk to dawn, I learned English, I studied music, I started rapping. Those things made me had made me happy for so long. But then I got tired, everything became a chore. That was until I met Y/N. She didn't care that I was an idol, which was a first. When we started dating, I told her that she could just stay home as I could provide for the both of us. But she wanted to work, it was her passion and it was beautiful to see her to dedicated to her work. I love that about her. She was never afraid to speak up and go against me." I chuckled a little. 

But that didn't stop the tears from pouring out. I glanced up at Dr. Song, whose facial expression began to soften. I got down on my knee right in front of her desk. She was taken aback but held her posture.

"She means the world to me. Since she entered my life, I have felt complete and under control. She cleared up my chaotic mind and made herself a vital part of my life. She is my passion. I cannot live without her. So please, Dr. Song. Allow me to be with her, forever."

Dr. Song didn't utter a word, instead she quietly broke down. I was shocked, I didn't think she was capable of such a thing. After a few minutes, she collected herself.

"Namjoon. Please sit down." I did as told. "When my sister and brother-in-law died, Y/N became my priority. I couldn't have any children of my own so she was precious to me. Since young, she has always been respectful, obeying my orders with no questions asked. I told myself that it was for her own good, but in reality, I was being selfish. When you two started dating, I thought she would abandon me, so I didn't approve in hopes that she would obey me like she always does. But instead, she fought back. It was the first time I see her standing up for something. You must be really important to her. And when I visited her at the hospital, she said she didn't want anything to do with me. It broke my heart. I realized it wasn't you, it was never. I wasn't ready to let go."

"Ma'am, I completely understand where you are coming from. I can promise you that Y/N loves you and would never leave you alone."

"I know. But she's very angry at the moment. Namjoon, I truly apologize for all that I have put you guys through."

"Thank you for saying that. But please erase her arrange marriage."

"Oh, that was never true in the first place. Again, I'm sorry about that."

"Does that mean I can have your blessing?"

"Of course. But if you hurt her, I will kill you."

"Yes, of course. Don't worry. My members would kill me first before you get the chance." I awkwardly laugh, but I didn't mind. Things are finally going right. "Thank you so much, Dr. Song." I bowed to her numerous times.

"Young man." She stated sternly. I quickly stopped laughing and sat straight up.

"Yes, ma'am."

"That's aunty to you." I saw her smiling for the first time. It was genuine, it radiated with warmth and a mother's love. I offered her a hug and she took it. With that, I drove to the hospital to meet Y/N.