Glenn- Ten

"Hey bitch," Rebecca greeted, throwing her purple backpack down onto the floor by the wall before straddling the bench alongside of Glenn. "You know, you're supposed to actually lift the weights to get stronger, not just sit there like an idiot".

"What are you doing her?" Glenn asked, ignoring her last comment. "Where's Grace? Aren't you supposed to be giving her a ride home?"

Rebecca's eyes rolled. "You're always so worried about Grace. She's probably on her way up now. She had stopped in by Mr. Benson to tell him about her summer". Glenn sighed loudly and closed his eyes for a moment. His head hurt already, and they had only just finished the first day of school. It did not bode well for the rest of the school year. "Here, I'll spot you".

Glenn opened his eyes. "Nathan's already supposed to".

"Then where is he?" Rebecca demanded, standing up off of the bench and instead going to stand behind Glenn's, up by where his head would be. Glenn looked around the room for a moment, his eyes shifting through all his teammates before landing on the one in question. Blue eyes caught his, and Nathan grimaced. Immediately understanding, Glenn nodded his head and dropped back on the bench.

"He's hiding from you since you're such a bitch," Glenn said honestly and Rebecca cracked a smile down at him.

"He doesn't get to hurt you and get away with it," Rebecca claimed and Glenn's eyebrows raised. "I know you've forgiven him, but I haven't yet. Also, he still hasn't apologized to Grace, did you know that?"

"He said sorry to her like three seconds after kissing her, didn't he?" Glenn asked, distinctly recalling this as part of Grace's story. Rebecca scoffed.

"Alright. He hasn't apologized to her when sober". Glenn just made a small noise of understanding and raised his hands, bracing them against the silver bar.

"Should I be consigned that you most definitely won't be able to lift this weight if it falls on me?" He asked, and Rebecca stuck out her tongue.

"See it as motivation. If you don't drop it on yourself, you don't die". Still, her hands hovered around the bar as Glenn lifted it and began to lower it to his chest before pushing it up again. "So, tell me about your afternoon. I haven't seen you since history and it's weird as fuck".

"Little busy," Glenn huffed, ignoring the rest of his best friends words until he was pushing the bar away from himself for the tenth time and returning it to it's notches. "Now ask me."

"How was the afternoon of your first day of senior year?"

"Fine. Not much happened". Rebecca hummed. "What?"

"I saw you walking in the hall with Lawson after seventh period. What was that about?" Beck questioned and Glenn snorted.

"Leave it to you to spy on me the first day. It's about nothing, Beck. We just share the last two hours of the day and he was confirming with me that we were in the weight room today," Glenn explained, and before Rebecca could respond a small weight was seated on Glenn's lap. He lifted his head to look at Grace. "What are you doing?"

"Making you look cool," she claimed, throwing her legs around the bench so she was straddling him. Then, she threw a glare over her shoulder at Nathan and Jean, who just happened to be watching them at the moment.

"Could you stop doing that?" Glenn demanded. Both of his friends had been sending Nathan dirty looks all day. "I think you're scaring him away".

"Good," Grace said, turning to look back at Glenn and smiling pleasantly. "You're too good for him anyway".

Glenn didn't respond to that, because they didn't know. Neither of them knew how caring Nathan was deep down, how self conscious and vulnerable he was. For whatever reason, Glenn didn't want them to know. He liked that he was the only one who got to see that side of Nathan outside of his family, the side of him that apologized and rambled and performed crazy gestures that Glenn so desperately wished he could describe as romantic.