Glenn- Twenty-four

Nathan was beautiful when he was sleeping, Glenn thought, but he didn't date reach out a hand as touch those soft features, even though the temptation to had his hand shaking. Before he could do anything stupid, he forced himself to roll out of bed.

He took a shower to wash the chlorine off of his body, and when he remembered why it was there he smiled and his lips tingled. Kissing Nathan had the same effects as alcohol to him. It made him extremely happy and warm on the inside.

By the time he was done showering, he smelt like artificial cucumbers, and his cheeks hurt from grinning. To soothe the ache he rubbed them, but the second he thought of Nathan's hands pressed flat against his bare back and his teeth against his lip, his smile came back, and along with it the soreness.

And the kissing hadn't even been the best part of the night- it's wasn't the cause for the warmth that spread through his entire body from head to toe.

Glenn wasn't entirely sure, but he thought that Nathan had admitted his feelings for him the night before, and that is what made his entire body feel like it was on fire.

When he opened the bathroom door he could hear someone in the other room shifting on a bed. He hoped it was Nathan, just so he could look at those blue eyes some more, but when he stepped out into the main room, Green was untangling himself from Jean.

"Fuck," the older man breathed, and Glenn cleared his throat to get his attention. Golden eyes flicked up to his face, and he breathed, "Pearson". Glenn looked at the situation the older man was in and raised his eyebrows, and Green sighed heavily. "Do you want to go for a walk, Glenn?"

"Oh". He had just been watching for the other man's reaction, not to be judgemental. "I didn't mean... you don't have to explain it to me or anything. It's alright, really".

The coach's expression was blank, and then he nodded. "I know, Pearson. Let's go for a walk". For a second, Green continued to wrestle with the blankets and Jean before finally getting free. He went to put shoes on, and then looked at Glenn expectantly. "Come on. Before either of these idiots wake up".

Green didn't wait for him, simply left the hotel room, and Glenn looked back at Nathan's sleeping form for a minute before shaking his head and following the older man.

They were too far from one another to talk, so Glenn silently trailed the other man all the way to the the breakfast room. The room was mostly empty, so Glenn ended up next to the coach in the line for the buffet. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked, reaching out and putting a muffin on his plate as Green piled his own high with eggs and bacon.

"Nothing," the man claimed. "I wanted food, and you were awake". Glenn really didn't believe this, but he didn't question it out loud and followed his coach to one of the empty tables. "So you and Nathan-"

"Nothing happened," Glenn lied, but he spoke far too quickly for any one to believe him, and Green scoffed.

"You've been smiling since I first saw you this morning, Pearson, so don't think for one second that I believe you". Glenn looked down at his play and flushed.

"Okay, Coach".

"I think the conversation we're about to have is far past formal, Glenn," the man said, peering at him with golden eyes through dark lashes. "It's Caden".

Glenn grinned. "I remember".

This wouldn't be the first personal conversation that they had shared. When Glenn was a sophomore, he was moved up from his place on Junior Varsity to be Nathan's doubles partner. While Nathan was still nice enough to him, he wasn't as happy as Glenn was to be paired together, since Glenn was rather unprepared for a spot on varsity, much less at one doubles.