Nathan- Fifteen

"Two more points Pearson and then we get to play Valley for first," Nathan reminded as encouragement and Glenn nodded, holding his hand out for Nathan to slap, which he did, and then fixing his black hat so it protected his eyes from the sun. Nathan studied his attractive partner as he took his spot at the net.

"Love- Thirty," The player on the other side of the net called, throwing the ball in the air and serving it lightly over the net to Nathan. It was easily returned, and Nathan prepared himself for when the ball came back over the net.

It was hit to Glenn, who wasn't paying attention and got hit in the stomach with the ball. While it wasn't really funny, Nathan laughed. "What the hell, Pearson?"

"Fuck," Glenn breathed, one of his hands flying up to press against his eye before pulling back. Immediately, his attention was fixated on the ground, looking for something. "Fuck fuck fuck".    

"Hey". Nathan threw the ball, which had rolled across the court to his feet, over the net to their opponents before raising his hand in a signal for them to wait. He went up to Glenn. "You alright? You kind of just stood there while the ball came at you, and I haven't seen you do that since we were sophomores". Glenn's eyes were blinking rapidly, focused on the court, but at Nathan's joking tone they slowly raised to peer up at him through thick lashes.

"My contact fell out," Glenn said softly, his eyes flicking over to the other side of the court again, as if checking to make sure the other team hadn't overheard him talking about his weakness. "I can't see anything". Nathan snorted, and Glenn looked unamused.

"You were contacts?" Nathan questioned. "Why didn't you tell me this?"

"Nathan, this isn't really funny. We're at conference. This is important," Glenn pointed out, and Nathe shrugged.

"We're still going to win, Glenn. Do you like, have glasses or something that you can wear?" The blush on Glenn's cheeks was intriguing, but he didn't have time to ask about it before Glenn was nodding a little and jogging over to the fence to address his brothers and friend's, who were on the other side of the fence watching them. "One moment," Nathan assured the team on the other side of the net. "Sorry for the delay".

"It's all good," the one at the net claimed, balancing one of the tennis balls on his racket and bouncing it. "The longer this match lasts, the better we'll look to the coach".

Nathan's eyebrows raised at the honesty, and he turned his back to the other side of the net, facing Glenn and straining to hear his words.

"...in the car," Greg was saying to Glenn, leaning forward a little to address his younger brother.

"Go get them, please," Glenn asked before he jogged back onto the court and took his spot at the base line. "Good?" Nathan asked, and Glenn shrugged.

"We'll have to finish this match like this," Glenn claimed, and then he looked sheepish. "I'm really sorry".

Nathan laughed out loud as he gestured the boy across the net to serve. "Sorry that you have bad eyesight?"

"Fifteen- Thirty," The boy called. Glenn returned the serve sloppily and Nathan moved to the back of the court to cover for his partner, who wa snow squinting in the direction the ball had gone.

When the ball came to Nathan, he made sure he finished the point.

Glenn made an annoyed noise. "I'm literally useless," he grumbled, his eyes squinted at Nathan. Nate approached him and held his hand out for a high five. "I don't deserve that." Nate didn't say anything, didn't even move. With a sigh, Glenn slapped his hand down against Nathan's and before he could pull away Nate's fingers closed around his own.