Nathan- Twenty-five

A/N The conversation between Nathan and Osmond in this chapter is the very first thing I had written from this book. Even before I knew what was going to happen in the story, I knew that this conversation would be in it.

When they pulled into the parking lot at school, Nathan immediately noticed his parents car and frowned. Glenn, who had once again fallen asleep on his lap- Nathan was quickly learning that the kid could sleep anywhere- stirred at the stopping of the car.

"Alright Daily," Green said from the driver seat, interrupting the silence that had been going on for quite long. Nate leaned forward, eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion why Green had chosen to address him rather than Jean. "What do you and Pearson want to do with your trophy?"

Nate didn't know how to answer that, so he gently shook Glenn, who mumbled, "display case," without opening his eyes.

"How long have you been awake?" Nate asked after communicating to Green their wishes, and the boy in his lap groaned before blinking his eyes open slowly. "You're really not a morning person, huh?"

"It's not morning," Glenn pointed out softly before letting his eyes close again. "You're really warm".

"I run hot," Nate explained, and Glenn made a content noise, turning his head to press into Nathan's abdomen for a second longer before sitting up with a groan. "Are you good?"

"Yeah," Glenn assured, raising a hand to his face to rub his eyes. "What time is it?"

"Seven at night," Nathan said, unbuckling his seatbelt. Jean and Green exited the car together, leaving them alone.

"Oh man, I need to go home and sleep". Nathan grinned at the other boys adorableness. "Are your parents here?"

"Ah, Yeah". Once again, Nate look out the window a Osmond's car. "I should go say hello". While yawning, Glenn nodded in acknowledgment. Nathan's hand found the door handle, but he didn't open it just yet. "Hey, I'll come back and help you with your stuff, so don't leave".

Brown eyes peered through lashes at him in the dim lighting. "You don't need to do that-"

"Glenn," Nate breathed, exacerbated, and the other boy grinned at him with white teeth.

"Okay. I'll wait".

Nate wanted to kiss him, but he instead force himself to leave the car and bring his stuff to his parents car. When he was putting it in the trunk, Osmond got out of the driver's seat. "Hey kid".

Nathan eyed him for a moment and didn't respond, waiting for him to say something else. When he didn't, Nate sighed. "I'm going to go help Glenn".

"You need to hug me first!" Carmen demanded, kicking open his car door and scrambling to get out. Reluctantly, since he was still bothered by both of his parents, Nathan hugged Carmen and then went back to Green's car, where Glenn was removing his things from the trunk.

"Who's here to get you?" Nathan asked, looking at the only other car in the parking lot. It didn't belong to anyone in Jean's family, he knew, and judging on the way that his best friend was leaning comfortably on the hood of the Coach's car, he wasn't planning on going anywhere at the moment.

"Becca," Glenn answered, eyeing Nathan wearily as he held out his hand to take one of his bags. "I got it".

"I know you do," he assured. "I'm trying to be helpful".

"It's unnecessary".

"Pearson, just give me your tennis bag," Nate demanded, and Glenn did after another moment of pause, shaking his head to himself. Nate shrugged, slinging the bag over his shoulder. Silently, they walked to Becca's car.