Glenn- Thirty-three

It was almost noon when Glenn wandered into the kitchen on Sunday. He had woken up about an hour previous, but had spent that time in his bed texting the group chat he had with his two best friends as they congratulated him on finally breaking his dry spell.

When he stumbled into the kitchen, Jason was there, and he looked as if he had been waiting for him. "Hey," Glenn greated, going over to the coffee pot which thankfully wasn't empty yet. His brother followed him, standing close enough that his chest brushed against his arm.

"Where exactly have you been for the last day in a half?" Jason demanded, skipping over the hello and Glenn looked at him from the corner of his eye before shaking his head.

"Nope. That's none of your business, and you were just very rude when you asked me that," Glenn accused and Jason's mouth dropped.

"I... You're not my mother!"

Glenn turned his head to his brother, took his time sipping his coffee, and then responded with a confident, "yes I am".

Jason flared at him. "You were with Nathan, right?" Jason integrated. "That's why Rebecca wouldn't tell me. He's your boyfriend now? Not Nico, right?" The questions were all asked frantically and Glenn frowned at his older brother.

"Why on earth would you ask me that? Of course I'm not with Nico anymore".

Jace shrugged, looking slightly more sane than he had in the minute previous. "It's just... well, he was here last week, and I know that you went out to talk to him because I was watching through the window. Greg told me that maybe I needed to give you some space too, so I stopped watching for like, thirty seconds, and then you grabbed your keys and the next time I looked outside you were both gone and I didn't know if you had gone together or-"

"We didn't," Glenn assured, narrowing his eyes at his brother. He didn't understand why Jason would even consider that he would have left with Nico. "Why would you even..."

"I know," Jason said, shaking his head a little and dropping his eyes. "I know that you're never going to get back with him, but he came by yesterday and I thought-"

"Wait-" Glenn cut in and Jason's eyes snapped up to meet his. "He- Nico was here? Yesterday?" Jason nodded. "Why? What did he want?" The idea of Nico coming to his house when only Jason was home and leaving with his head, and penis, still in tack was shocking. "You didn't kill him, right?"

"No, sadly he went home unharmed, but I threatened him and he left," Jason answered and Glenn nodded, but breathed a small sigh of relief.

"So that's all that happened?" Glenn questioned. "He didn't tell you what he wanted?"

"Said he had something he wanted to show you. Something that you'd want to hear. I didn't ask what, I just told him I'd kill him," Jace admitted and Glenn's eyes rolled. He took another sip of his coffee. "He said he'd be back today".

Glenn choked on the hot liquid, and Jason was quick to pat his back. "What?"

"Oh, don't worry," Jace assured, smiling a little. "I'll be there the whole time, of course. He won't be able to hurt you".

"I'm not worried about him hurting me," Glenn grumbled. That had never ever been one of his concerns. "I just don't want to see him in general".

"Why?" Jace asked and Glenn turned to put his coffee down on the counter.

"Because, it's a part of my past that I'm over," Glenn explained with a shrug and Jason looked pleased with him. His whole relationship with Nico had been a roller coaster, and him admitting that it was over made it finally feel like the ride had ended.