Nathan- Eleven

"Hey Pearson," Nathan greeted to draw the others attention to him. Glenn glanced over his shoulder, eyebrows raised. "Want to learn lesson two later today?" Brown eyes narrowed. "Come on Glenn".

The kid from Christian High called the score from the other side of the net and Glenn turned around quickly. Nathan sighed and directed his attention to the game for the thirty seconds it took for them to score the point.

As Nathan moved to the net and Glenn to the baseline, Nate held out his hand, which Glenn slapped. Quickly, Nate wrapped his fingers around Glenn's and pulled him closer, raising his eyebrows expectantly. Glenn's brown eyes rolled. "Whats lesson number two?"

"Shopping," Nathan claimed, and Glenn's face immediately fell.

"No". Nathan's eyes widened.

"What do you mean, no?"

Glenn glanced down at their hands then, as if only just realizing that they were still connected, and then pulled his hand free. "No means no". Nathan snorted. "Come on. They're waiting for us".

Nathan took his spot up at the net as Glenn went to the baseline. They played another point.

"Come on Glenn".

"Shut up. We're kind of in the middle of something," Glenn pointed out, gesturing to the other side of the court.

"We're almost done," Nathan pointed out, just as the kid across the net called the score. 15-40.

He served, and Nathan returned the ball wide. "Out!"

"Shit," Nathan breathed and Glenn shot him a look, which Nathan ignored. "I'll stop talking about it as soon as you agree to go". They crossed as they switched positions and Glenn shook his head. "Why are you so against shopping?" Nathan was up at the net, his back to their opponents.

"Turn around Nathan," Glenn demanded, and with a sigh Nate obeyed, winking at the kid across the net from him when he caught his gaze. Immediately, eyes averted and Nathan smirked.

"30-40".

Serve. "Out," Nathan called.

"Second".

Serve. "Out".

They shook hands with their opponents before going to the side of the net where they had left their tennis bags. Glenn took a seat, picking up his bottle of blue liquid and taking a drink before offering the rest of it to Nathan.

"Thanks". He finished the rest of the bottle, looking down at Glenn, who was putting his racket away, as he did so. "You wanna talk about the mall now?"

"Jesus," Glenn breathed, pulling his hat off his head and running a hand through his hair. "You even want to go to the mall?"

"Well where else would we go shopping?"

"Literally anywhere is better than the mall," Glenn claimed, reaching his hand out and grabbing Nathan's racket from him. Swiftly, he slid it into Nathan's bag and zipped it before rising to his feet. "Let's go say hi to our fans". Nathan turned his head to look through the fence at his parents, who were seated in foldable lawn chairs alongside of Grace and Rebecca, who both caught Nathan's gaze at the same time and waved enthusiastically. He groaned and looked back to Glenn to find him leaning against the net post smiling at him. "What's the problem?"

"I should have never apologized," Nathan claimed and Glenn's smile widened, his eyes crinkling as he laughed and Nathan sighed in content, smiling softly at the adorable boy.

"Having them like you is exhausting," Glenn agreed, still smiling as he bent down and picked up both of their tennis bags, throwing his own over his shoulder and holding Nathan's out to him.