Nathan- Nineteen

"Why are you acting this way?" Carmen asked from the passenger seat, leaning around his chair to peer into the back of Osmond's car at Nathan. "You really don't want to go that bad?"

"I've already been to a million of your concerts. I don't understand why you even want me there," Nathan grumbled, turning to look away from Carmen and out the window.

For the third time that year, Osmond and Carmen were playing in a concert downtown. This was a very common occurrence, since nearly every time there was a musical performance down town they received a call to perform. Nathan had already seen far too many of these performances in his opinion, and his parents had agreed about a year ago that he no longer had to come with them, but it seemed to be the exception tonight.

"Nathan, we want to spend time with you," Carmen explained, turning back toward the front. "You're leaving for state on monday-" Nathan grinned, thinking about his and Glenn's qualification match a few days before. "And you're going to be gone for three days".

"We can spend time together tomorrow," Nathan pointed out. "We're not doing anything tomorrow-" he cut off when he realized that Osmond had pulled up to the curb on a familiar block. "Why are we in front of Glenn's house?" Osmond and Carmen shared a look and Nathan leaned forward eagerly. "Guys?"

"Well he overheard us talking about it after your match last Saturday and he seemed interested so we thought-"

"You invited him?" Nathan asked, and Carmen turned around to look at him.

"Yeah. Is that all right?"

Nathan didn't respond. Instead he unbuckled and left the car.

He was half way up the front walkway when the front door opened. His mouth opened, about to say hey you to the gorgeous boy he had been dreaming about for the whole week, but instead he was greated with the sight of a middle aged woman grinning down at him.

She didn't look like Glenn really, but something about her smile, the shape of it maybe, that immediately told Nathan that this was his friends mother.

For a second, he faltered, unsure if he should continue toward the house, but then Glenn's mother stepped outside and gestured for him to come to her. "Um," Nathan continued until he was a few feet away from her. "Hi".

"Hello," She greeted, and then she closed the distance between them and hugged him. "It's so nice to meet you finally. My son talks about you a lot".

"Really?" Nathan asked, grinning at her once she pulled back. "He talks about me?"

"Oh yes," She assured, and before Nathan could ask for more details Glenn was stepping out of his house, looking absolutely beautiful in a white button down and dark pants, and he had every ounce of Nathan's attention.

"Hey!" he greated and Glenn beamed at him.

"Hey," he responded, sounding much cooler than Nathan had. Glenn turned to his mother then and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back late Ma, so don't wait up".

"I doubt I could if I even tried," she assured and Glenn smiled at his mother one last time before moving around her and grabbing Nathan's arm. As he pulled Nathan down the walk way, his mother called, "have fun!" after them.

"You look really really good," Nathan praised under his breath, his eyes roaming down Glenn's body and focusing on his ass for longer than necessary.

"Stop checking me out," Glenn demanded and Nathan's eyes shot up to see that the boy wasn't even looking over his shoulder at him.

"How did you know?" Nathan asked. They were at Osmond's car now, and Glenn released Nathan's wrist, about to walk around the car, but Nathan was fast to grab his partners hand and hold him in place. When Glenn looked at him, Nathan's eyebrows raised in question.