Glenn- Twenty-six

When Rebecca dropped Glenn off from school, her and Grace both got out of the car and followed him up to his door. "I told you guys that you can't come over," Glenn reminded, digging in his pocket for his keys. "I have plans".

"You never have plans," Rebecca pointed out, reaching into her own pocket and removing a very familiar set of keys. "I also stole these from you at lunch, so either we come in, or you stay out". Glenn sighed in defeat and moved out of her way.

Typically, something like that wouldn't get past him, but he had been so nervous the entire day that he hadn't been very observant. Also, lunch had been the only time that Glenn had seen Nathan, and while they didn't speak, and had only made eye contact for a moment, he had spent much of his time with his gaze flicking over to the other boys table. He told himself it was just because Nathan looked so troubled the entire period, most likely since Jean's typical space was empty, but Glenn wasn't very good at lying to himself, and he knew that even if Jean had been there his gaze would still linger.

"Why do you want to come in so bad?" Glenn inquired, accepting his keys from Becca once she got the door open.

Grace answered, "we're coming to keep you company," but he doubted this was the only reason. This became even more clear once they were in his bedroom, and both the girls sat on his bed cross legged and looked at him expectantly.

"What?"

"We want to hear about your trip," Becca explained, sounding exacerbated with him and his eyebrows raised.

"You barely said three words at lunch," Grace added and Glenn took a seat at the very end of his bed.

"My trip was fine. We won all of our matches. Some were easy, and some were hard. I don't know. It was tennis, guys. I really don't know what you want me to say," Glenn explained. He still hadn't spoken to them about what had happened with Nathan, multiple times, over the trip, and he wasn't planning to until him and the blue eyed boy had actually sat down and discussed it.

Both girls looked at him with annoyed expressions. "That's it?" Grace inquired. "That's all you have to tell us?"

"Um, yeah," Glenn confirmed, narrowing his eyes at them. They were acting strange, but it couldn't be because they knew. Nathan wouldn't have told them; Jean knew to some extent, but he couldn't possibly have spread the word since he had been absent from school, and Glenn highly doubted that he had texted either Rebecca or Grace. "What do you want me to say?"

"You spend three days sharing a hotel room with the boy that you're in love with, and you don't have anything to say about it?" Rebecca questioned. Glenn shrugged and looked away from her.

"Not much to say," he lied quietly, hoping desperately that his lying skills had improved greatly. They hadn't, and he could feel his face start to heat. Glenn shot his friends a quick look, only to catch them communicating through eye contact. "What?"

"Something happened," they said, speaking in unison and Glenn scoffed, dropping his eyes.

"Nothing happened".

"Something totally happened," Rebecca accused and Glenn continued to shake his head, unable to meet either of their eyes.

"I don't want to talk to you-"

"Oh come on, Glenn," Grace said. "You want to tell us so bad. I can just see it on your face". Glenn chewed his lip and peered at her though his dark lashes.

She was right. He did want to tell them, and he had since the night it had first happened. It was driving him insane not to, especially since he had no one else to talk to. If he mentioned anything to either of his brothers, he might as well have signed Nathan's death warrant.