Nathan- Twenty

"Why'd you both have to come?" Nathan groaned, resting his head against the window.

"Because you're leaving for three days, Nate," Osmond said from the driverseat as Carmen yawned. "Are you complaining that your parents love you?"

"No". Nathan blinked his eyes slowly. "I would like the front seat though".

It was monday, and they were driving to the school to drop Nathan off, where he would meet up with Jean, Glenn, and Coach Green. While Nathan was excited to be in a hotel with Glenn for three nights, it was hard to show his excitement when it was three in the morning.

"That's my spot," Carmen protested softly from the front seat. "You don't get my spot. Your father might accidentally grope you thinking it was me".

"I wouldn't-" Osmond cut in at the same time Nathan said:

"That's disgusting".

Carmen only hummed and fell silent, and stayed that way until they pulled into the schools parking lot. "Where's Glenn? Is he not able to come?"

Nathan decided to pardon his father's stupidity for exhaustion and answers with an unenthusiastic "he's just not here yet, dad".

Osmand laughed though. "How would Nathan play without Glenn? They're a team".

Nate left his parents playfully bickering in the car and went to take his tennis bag and suitcase out of the trunk. Behind him, he could hear Jean and Green talking amongst themselves, and he was happy that they were far enough away that their words got lost in the wind. It was too early for Jean's flirting.

Osmand got out of the car first and came to join Nathan at the back. "He's pouting," Osmond claimed and Nathan let out a loud breath of air as he grabbed his suitcase and his dad reached for the tennis bag.

"Did I ask?" Nathan grumbled, dropping his suitcase to the pavement. A second later Osmond's shoulder bumped into his.

"Hey, don't be an asshole just because you're tired," Osmond demanded and Nathan sighed loudly.

"You're right. I'm sorry". He blinked his eyes quickly as if that would wake him up faster. "I'm just doing that thing, you know, where I'm a real shit to you so you don't miss me when I'm gone".

"Nathan," Osmond spoke slowly. "You're leaving for three days-"

"So what?" Nathan interrupted and Osmond's grey eyes widened a bit. Dispute the early morning, the older man didn't look at all exhausted. Nathan knew this was because it was not irregular for Osmond to be up at strange times, practicing the piano to avoid nightmares. "You're not going to miss me?"

The shadow of a smile formed on Osmond's face. "I'm guessing I'll miss you more than your father will". Nathan's eyebrows raised. "He has a more active sex drive than me so he'll be thinking about other things. Also, he works later so he'll be home alone less than I will".

Nate processed this information with a slight grimace before sighing. "I'm just going to say that I'll miss you too dad and leave it at that".

"You will not". Osmond shut the trunk and rested the tennis bag over Nathan's shoulder. "You'll have Glenn. I bet you won't even think about us".

"What about Glenn?" They both turned to look at Carmen, who had somehow silently gotten out of the car, as he spoke.

"I'm just saying that Nathan's going to be too distracted to miss us," Osmond responded to his husband, going over to him and sliding an arm around his shoulders. Carmen hummed thoughtfully.